• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2011/12 Premier League Thread (NWT)

City start off at home against new boys Soton, while United open up at Everton.

First thing I checked was who United play while I'm on my honeymoon. The 12th thru 19th of January. Liverpool and Tottenham.

fuuuu

West Ham open at home to Villa, Boxing day versus Arsenal, and finish the season against Reading.

Hopefully we play better in the opening match than we did against the manager-less Villa in 2010.

Spurs go to Newcastle tough start, but then have a decent little spell of winnable games with WBA, Norwich at home, at Reading, home to QPR before going to Old Trafford. Also like the run in with our last 4 being at Wigan, home to So'ton, at Stoke, and home to Sunderland.

Arsenal at home vs Sunderland opening weekend while we are in London for our honeymoon. Yes yes yessssssss

Is it just me or is every damn person in the world getting married? My facebook feed has become obnoxious.

ETA: This was not a swipe at cali. Just an observation. Some poor girl is marrying me next saturday so I'm contributing to the facebook obnoxiousness as well.

FIXTURES!!!!!11 Just waking up after staying up to see what we're staring at. Thankfully PL hasn't screwed us this time.

Stoke at home then Sunderland away to start, very favorable. Two teams we've played the least the last several years since they were promoted while we were in the PL, so sorta fitting we cross swords early on.

Three week break after that since Chelsea's playing in the UEFA Super Cup. Not sure how I feel about that, hopefully that won't kill our momentum from last year.

Lot of favorable away games early on too. Sunderland, WBA, Swansea, Liverpool (kidding!), QPR, Wigan, Aston Villa, Southampton. Don't have to play Man U, Citeh or Arsenal until December. No reason we can't get off to a quick start

Also phan hopefully both of us are home and hosed by the finale. Get your lot at home on Dec. 29 ... not far away from Jan. 1, the day we polaxed y'all 6-0 in '07.

Having a tough start can be something a team never recovers from ... see Bolton last year. If anybody's facing that this year it's Stoke. @ us in the opener is a bad draw, then vs Arsenal, @ Wigan (might be desperate themselves after some tough early games), vs Man City, @ Chelsea, vs Swansea, @ Liverpool, @ Man Utd. Yikes. Already thought this might be the year the Potters finally flirt with the drop zone ... fixtures would seem to further reinforce that

Also phan hopefully both of us are home and hosed by the finale. Get your lot at home on Dec. 29 ... not far away from Jan. 1, the day we polaxed y'all 6-0 in '07.

Having a tough start can be something a team never recovers from ... see Bolton last year. If anybody's facing that this year it's Stoke. @ us in the opener is a bad draw, then vs Arsenal, @ Wigan (might be desperate themselves after some tough early games), vs Man City, @ Chelsea, vs Swansea, @ Liverpool, @ Man Utd. Yikes. Already thought this might be the year the Potters finally flirt with the drop zone ... fixtures would seem to further reinforce that

Wow that's tough

Not an easy start for Southampton either. @ Citeh in the opener obviously, then vs Wigan, vs Man Utd, @ Arsenal, @ Everton. May not benefit from the typical promoted team early bounce

Back