• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2011 CL Knockout Stages Thread (NWT)

The light skinned black dude, I think that was Serero.

Serero, yes.

South African who moves from Ajax Cape Town to Ajax, attacking mid. So Steven Pienaar.

I watch Ajax and I haven't seen much of Serero at all.

Somehow we advanced. We were so poor for the majority of that 2nd half. Scholes and Evans on calmed it down a bit, but then they got that set piece goal and we were fortunate that they didn't get another to go thru.

Onto Bilbao.

ETA: If we play like shit again then Llorente, Martínez, Herrera and Muniain are going to rip us apart. And do so comfortably.

Last edited:
wasn't there a Europa thread last year? no need to sully the CL thread with this.

It was created because dv kept making fun of EL posts by Liverpool fans. I am making a mental note to expose hypocrisy should the need arise next season.

It was created because dv kept making fun of EL posts by Liverpool fans. I am making a mental note to expose hypocrisy should the need arise next season.

It is pathetic that Man United are in the Europa League. I will never think a top club in this competition is anything but that. I think so little of the Europa League that I'm not even bothering starting a new thread for it.

Heavy rumors swirling that Alex Song won't be playing today.

Those rumors were wrong.

Arsenal's XI: Wojciech Szczęsny; Bacary Sagna, Thomas Vermaelen, Laurent Koscielny, Kieran Gibbs; Alex Song; Tomáš Rosický, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain; Theo Walcott, Robin van Persie, Gervinho
fuck me, that is side set up to do some major attacking.

Milan XI: Christian Abbiati; Ignazio Abate, Philippe Mexes, Thiago Silva, Djamel Mesbah; Antonio Nocerino, Mark Van Bommel, Urby Emanuelson; Robinho; Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Stephan El Shaarawy

Last edited:
I had no idea that Saviola was still finding clubs to pay him, much less Champions League clubs, until I saw his name on Benfica's bench today

Wouldn't bother me at all if Ibra got kicked in the head.

Tomas Rosicky.

2-0, non-divers.

I still think Arsenal concede and deflate after that.

Back