• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Manchester United about to make that announcement....

LOUIS VAN GAAL TIME, BITCHES.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...United-appoint-Louis-van-Gaal-as-manager.aspx

[h=1]Van Gaal named United manager[/h] - Club appoints Dutch national coach, who won multiple titles in Holland, Spain, Germany
- Ryan Giggs to be assistant manager
- Frans Hoek and Marcel Bout join as assistant coaches
Louis van Gaal will take over as manager of Manchester United from the 2014/15 season. He has signed a three-year contract.
Louis, 62, has managed at the top level of European football for over 20 years and in that time has won domestic titles and domestic cups in three countries, as well as the UEFA Champions League, the UEFA Cup, an Intercontinental Cup, two UEFA Super Cups and domestic Super Cups in Holland and Germany.
He will take up his post after the FIFA World Cup, where he will manage the Dutch national team.
Ryan Giggs, English football's most decorated footballer and the United player with most appearances in the club's history, has been appointed as assistant manager. Ryan took charge of the first team for the last four matches of the 2013/14 season.
Announcing the appointments, Ed Woodward said: "In Louis van Gaal, we have secured the services of one of the outstanding managers in the game today. He has achieved many things in his career to date and Old Trafford provides him with a fitting stage on which to write new chapters in the Manchester United story.

van_gaal__karatetrap.jpg

Van Gaal: "This club has big ambitions; I too have big ambitions. Together I'm sure we will make history."

No "hopefully"'s or any other beta shit like that. Just a man that wants to get things done and will make sure it happens. Thank fuck.

Van Gaal: "This club has big ambitions; I too have big ambitions. Together I'm sure we will make history."

No "hopefully"'s or any other beta shit like that. Just a man that wants to get things done and will make sure it happens. Thank fuck.

Wouldn't he have said we will make history, not I'm sure we will make history?

Benefica
10401354_10154144649295716_5419284329468462843_n.png

Monaco
Bn9txiZCYAEArKA.jpg

Sevilla home (warrior)
SdrXf5E.jpg

interestingly enough, the top 6 teams in the Premier League all have a different kit sponsors next season:

Man City - Nike
Liverpool - Warrior
Chelsea - Adidas
Arsenal - Puma
Everton - Umbro
Tottenham - Under Armour

I was going to post the Monaco shirt last night, but was too lazy. I like it.

Moyes would be great.

Only Everton player I would want would be Fellaini, and only if he would be happy to sit deeper again, as he wouldn't be as useful going forward as Kagawa next season.

I'd take Baines, but we don't need his dead ball delivery ability as much as Everton do. We have RvP serving in the left-footed set pieces and he will do.

Official: David Moyes has signed a 6-year deal as manager of Manchester United.

Welcome, Mr. Moyes!

Moyes spending in past 4 seasons = MINUS £14 million. EFC currently sit in 6th place, having lost only 1 more game than MUFC.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the man can do with some money to spend. He only needs one or two signings this summer to add to a pretty damn good squad already in place for him.

#moyesout

top trending topic in Manchester

http://trendsmap.com/local/gb/manchester

#LivingLegend. We are all lucky to have watched him work over the past 2+ decades.

BJ6OxurCcAAbJp8.jpg:large

nothing altogether exciting from seeking out dv7 moyes posts, he was mostly mourning SAF

only the first one has much hope

I'm 1000 times more excited about LvG than I was Moyes. I thought Moyes would be steady and I never thought his time at OT would be as disastrous as it ended up being. God, what a cluster fuck.

And my Fellaini call. Woof.

I'm 1000 times more excited about LvG than I was Moyes. I thought Moyes would be steady and I never thought his time at OT would be as disastrous as it ended up being. God, what a cluster fuck.

And my Fellaini call. Woof.

Not wanting Seamus Coleman was your big mistake. Best Everton player, though this was his breakout year I guess.

Rafael was coming off a great season in 2012/13. He clearly regressed this past season and his injury problems popped up again, but coming off 12/13 there was no chance I wanted a different RB coming into the club.

Rafael 2012/13 vs Seamus Coleman 2013/14

Rafael (12/13)Coleman (13/14)
Goals36
Assists32
Pass comp %84%88%
Tackles won6257
Total Duels Won %54%59%
Interceptions5747
Blocks109
Clearances137126
Defensive Errors01

It's somewhat remarkable Coleman has the defensive numbers he does with how much ground he covers over the course of a match. I haven't seen stats to compare him with other wing backs or anything, but it was impressive to watch.

Louis van Gaal.
First of his name, Breaker of Boredom, Cock of the North, Manager of Manchester United.

BoAKQthIMAAdVuc.png

Ryan Giggs has announced that he is retiring from playing and will just concentrate being the MUFC assistant manager.

A true legend. Most decorated British footballer of all time. What a career!
963 games, 168 goals, 13 titles, 4 FA Cups, 4 League Cups & 2 Champions Leagues

Didier Drogba has donated €1million to the families of victims of the Turkish mining tragedy. Class act.

Back