• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Utterly disastrous. Besic is bright but we're so exposed without McCarthy. Naismith at fault for the first, which should have been a penalty, defensive collapse all around on goals 2 and 3.

And no subs til the 80th? Not that we have any inspiring options to bring on. The problem was not a lack of width, it was getting bossed around down the middle. No one can work with Barkley. I thought Eto'o should have done more to get involved. Coleman has disappeared a but lately. Bertrand shut him down today.

All hope is in Europe now. The season is in peril. We're so bad on the road.

Oh and Barry has been downright awful today. Lots of rust. Gave away possession and looked clumsy.

Such a terrible performance.

Townie we still haven't made a sub

#MartinezOut

Yeah Kone got up but never came on.

I guess Osman or Pienaar could have been helpful. Naismith provided less than zero. We matched up really poorly down the middle though. They were far more disciplined than we were.

Yeah Kone got up but never came on.

I guess Osman or Pienaar could have been helpful. Naismith provided less than zero. We matched up really poorly down the middle though. They were far more disciplined than we were.

Yep. We essentially played two DMs, three FWDs and our best attacking midfielder as a LM, who was asked to be the entire bridge between the two banks. What a masterful tactician that Martinez is.

I think he's over his head at times. He gets bossed around by better managers. His attempts at squad rotation have generally been poor, probably because he never had to manage this many competitions before. McCarthy's absence was never more glaring than today. I think without him it's worthless to try and continue the DM pivot that works so well with him and Barry. McCarthy is the workhorse who's great with ball at feet and Barry can sit back and play stopper and distribute. Besic doesn't function well in the pivot. He doesn't recover well. He needs play to be happening in front of him. If he's in, it should be paired with someone like Oviedo or Osman who can make up for his weaknesses. Barry is too slow and old for that role.

I do actually think Lukaku and Eto'o can play together. But not those two and Naismith. Two of those three at most on the field at a time. Only Eto'o has any skill out wide at all, so they're all on top of each other trying to play a false 9/true 10.

Without McGeady and Mirallas there was no creativity And without creativity we needed the discipline to sustain possession in the final third, and we simply lack it. It means Barkley has to do absolutely everything which only works against lesser defenses.

Not everything about today's performance falls at Roberto's feet but I wish he'd substituted or at least tried to change our shape a bit. He was screaming all match and the boys were not sharp against the press. Tactics were wanting though.

Spurs somehow just 4 points out of a CL spot. With a -1 GD. And having played like shit for basically the entire fall. I have no idea wtf is going on.

Back