• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Listening to the Guardian's podcast and apparently Raheem Sterling has 2 kids with another one on the way. He is 17 years old.

Dude, wear a fucking condom!

Coming back to Winston this weekend for homecoming and soccer reunion. We need a place to watch the games Sunday morning, possibly won't be alive for the early game but definitely need a spot to watch Arsenal City. Suggestions? The closer to campus the better because also want to make it to the women's game at 1.

Coming back to Winston this weekend for homecoming and soccer reunion. We need a place to watch the games Sunday morning, possibly won't be alive for the early game but definitely need a spot to watch Arsenal City. Suggestions? The closer to campus the better because also want to make it to the women's game at 1.

Arsenal is at 11 on Sunday, so I'd just go to Ole Staleys on Reynolda, they'll put it on one of their TVs for you. However due to our blue laws you can't drink till noon.

Arsenal is at 11 on Sunday, so I'd just go to Ole Staleys on Reynolda, they'll put it on one of their TVs for you. However due to our blue laws you can't drink till noon.

Bah! Been out of NC so long I forgot about that. Thanks for the tip!

Howard
Gibbs
Caldwell
Williams
Kolorov
Diaby (vc)
Walters
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Sinclair
Di Santo
Torres (c)

Subs
Giroud
Bosingwa
Ramsey
Mucha
Wilshere

Last edited:
"It is possible (that the build-up could affect players). Human nature is that way," Ferguson said.
"It happened to us at the 50th anniversary of Munich. We were so flat. We just wanted to get it out of the way (United lost that match 2-1)."
Asked about how both clubs had handled the build-up to Sunday's game, Ferguson said: "We have done our bit. Liverpool have done their bit. The messages have been said.
"There is enough pressure on the players. It is an important game for both clubs."

I hope the idiots on both sides don't try to start any of the stupid chants on Sunday.

Sir Alex has written a letter to United supporters that will be handed out at the away turnstiles on Sunday. Powerful stuff from the great man.

"Today is about much more than not blocking gangways. Today is about thinking hard about what makes United the best club in the world. Our rivalry with Liverpool is based on a determination to come out on top, a wish to see us crowned the best against a team that held that honour for so long. It cannot and should never be based on personal hatred. Just ten days ago, we heard the terrible, damning truth about the deaths of 96 fans who went to watch their team try and reach the FA Cup final and never came back. What happened to them should wake the conscience of everyone connected with the game. Our great club stands with our great neighbours Liverpool today to remember that loss and pay tribute to their campaign for justice. I know I can count on you to stand with us in the best traditions of the best fans in the game."

United have won 9 of 20 Premier League games at Anfield, most by any team.

Here is to making it 10 of 21 on Sunday. Getting that nervous, excited feeling already.

Expect this to be sung on Sunday:

We take it all back, we take it all baaaaaaaaack, we're sorry we offended you, and that Evra is black.

Arsenal had Cristiano Ronaldo at the training ground, but would not pay £12m to complete signing!

Arsenal nearly signed him first. Five years ago Ronaldo met Arsène Wenger at the Club’s Hertfordshire training ground, had a tour around the facilities and, just before he left, was presented with an Arsenal shirt with his own name on the back.

The Frenchman even impressed Ronaldo’s mother to such as extent that she recognised him later on television.

But the deal fell through because a price could not be agreed with Sporting Lisbon.

“I had Ronaldo at the training ground,” said Wenger at Friday’s press conference. “I showed him around and I gave him a shirt. It had got his name on the back.

“But in the end it was a question of the amount of transfer fee between the two clubs. Of course, he has proved to be a bargain [at £12.25 million]. But the price that we discussed was in fact much lower, it was divided by three.

“Also Manchester United had a partnership agreement with Lisbon and Carlos Queiroz [the Portuguese coach] knew him well.

“Since then they have signed Anderson and Nani from Portugal because of Queiroz. It’s like I can sign players from France because I know them well.”

Ironically enough, Arsenal first saw Ronaldo playing for Portugal at the Toulon Tournament in Wenger’s home country. He was mighty impressed but in the end opted to sign one of his compatriots.

“We watched him play in Toulon and we had bought Luis Boa Morte from the same tournament,” said Wenger.

“I saw that he was an exceptional talent but we could not predict that he would become the player that he is. What we did not see in him at that time in Toulon was his capability to score goals. He was something special but he did not score goals, he did not even go in the box.

“At the end of the day I wanted him to be here, but the most important thing is he made a career. He went to Man United and did that.

“I feel he would have done that here too but he is European Footballer of the Year now and that’s fantastic.”

Reina
Ridgewell
Vlaar
Jagielka
McCleary
McClean
Bale (vc)
Snodgrass
Kone
Graham
Bent (c)

Subs:
Vermaelen
Hoilett
Cesar
Nasri
Bardsley

This week's matchups:
dv (3-1) vs. JW (3-1)
vad (1-2-1) vs. rawarr (0-4)
wsc (2-2) vs. Palmetto (1-3)
timdunk (1-3) vs. ipity (3-1)
sd3 (1-3) vs. Husky (1-3)
gsterp (3-0-1) vs. BTB (3-1)
Brendan (2-2) vs. Brasky (3-1)
VaDeac (2-2) vs. Roedery (2-2)

Seriously, can we not take the FF stuff to a separate thread?

Back