• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Leyton is very close to Stratford, but actually just about equidistant from West Ham. West Ham actually closer to the stadium as the crow flies. The Boleyn itself was a bit farther east, closer to Barking. West Ham's traditional fanbase also drew from Canning Town and Newham to the south.

But if we're honest, Leyton Orient is not even in the Football League and West Ham holds fundraisers just about every year to save the club from financial ruin. I'm not sure they're really competing for fans.

Most big football fans in the UK seem to have a second, non-league club to support. It's a ton more fun sometimes, to be honest, because there are standing terraces and beer drinking and the players can hear you insult them. Many stadiums are smaller than NCAA soccer. My small second club is Dulwich Hamlet, a far-left organization in South London founded in the 1890s. You can get in for a fiver and sit wherever you want and see some exciting soccer without all the sky bullshit. Closest thing to college sports i found in the UK.

Imperial Fields is a dog track. T&M's physio is a witch doctor. The journos are afraid to criticize the side because they're the lowest common denominator in all of London. SOD OFF Tooting !

Leyton Orient were one game from the Championship as recently as 2014. They shall rise again, if West Ham don't completely destroy their club

I thought all the "real" liverpool fans were supposed to support tranmere

KDB apparently out two months with a knee injury.

Yedlin injury not as serious as originally thought; no ligament damage, expected to be back in training soon.

I also support Dulwich Hamlet.

Dulwich 4 Life !
No way, ever sit with the Rabble? Proper lads, as DV7 would say.
I HATE Dulwich Hamlet. FORZA TOOTING & MITCHAM!
Lol. Now this is what the soccer thread needs.
Imperial Fields is a dog track. T&M's physio is a witch doctor. The journos are afraid to criticize the side because they're the lowest common denominator in all of London. SOD OFF Tooting !
Bad news, if you didn't already know: the Hamlet currently play at Imperial Fields. Not sure if they'll return to Champion Hill. I haven't been to a DH match since last summer, so I've never seen Imperial Fields. This is good shit-taking though.
Leyton Orient were one game from the Championship as recently as 2014. They shall rise again, if West Ham don't completely destroy their club
Lol. Like I said, West Ham hold charity matches every year to help them pay their bills. The Os were in Clapham originally anyways, so it's not like Leyton is sacred ground for them. And Leytonstone and surrounding areas are the same distance from the Olympic Stadium as west ham is. Spurs and Arsenal aren't far either.

Honestly, we can all agree this is all the government's fault.

Spurs are kind of super fucked right now.

The fire supression system in the new stadium failed it's safety check, which is going to weeks to get right and then test events must be held. This means Spurs will almost certainly miss up to the Manchester City match on October 28th. No big deal, Spurs have a deal with the FA to play up to the entire season at Wembley if necessary.

Except ... that match is a Sunday match because of Sky Sports picking it up. And the FA booked the NFL at Wembley for that same day already, after Spurs had activated their contingency plan but before it was clear the Stadium would miss the September opening date. The fine print in the contingency deal Spurs have with the FA is about to become super important, because if the match must be rescheduled or relocated, who gets held responsible is going to be interesting.

Spurs are kind of super fucked right now.

The fire supression system in the new stadium failed it's safety check, which is going to weeks to get right and then test events must be held. This means Spurs will almost certainly miss up to the Manchester City match on October 28th. No big deal, Spurs have a deal with the FA to play up to the entire season at Wembley if necessary.

Except ... that match is a Sunday match because of Sky Sports picking it up. And the FA booked the NFL at Wembley for that same day already, after Spurs had activated their contingency plan but before it was clear the Stadium would miss the September opening date. The fine print in the contingency deal Spurs have with the FA is about to become super important, because if the match must be rescheduled or relocated, who gets held responsible is going to be interesting.

So move it to Friday and make Sky whole or switch the home/away. Doesn’t seem like the end of the world.

If there isn’t CL that week I’m sure Sky would love an exclusive Thursday Night Football.

So move it to Friday and make Sky whole or switch the home/away. Doesn’t seem like the end of the world.

If there isn’t CL that week I’m sure Sky would love an exclusive Thursday Night Football.

There's CL matches on Tues/Weds before and Carabao Cup matches in the midweek after. And the match can't be played on Saturday because Wembley says it cannot get the field repainted in time for the NFL game.

Basically - it's probably going to have to be postponed.

There's CL matches on Tues/Weds before and Carabao Cup matches in the midweek after. And the match can't be played on Saturday because Wembley says it cannot get the field repainted in time for the NFL game.

Basically - it's probably going to have to be postponed.

We can switch an area from hockey to basketball in three hours but they can't repaint the fucking field in 24 hours. Terrible.

These job listings just popped up in London ... my guess is Spurs might end up playing the entire season in Wembley. Damn.

DktsbjrW0AAomn4.jpg

Sucks, but I can't help but think this is karma for all the underhanded and malicious shit spurs pulled to try to keep west ham from buying the Olympic Stadium.

Back