• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I am sorry, but I fail to grasp what power these guys have in global pandemics and what you may feel they did that has potentially negatively impacted or slowed the restart of sports.

Are you saying the shelter in place should have happened sooner? Or been more severe? Or the reopening of our economy should have been delayed?

Just look at the stats in other countries' bro. Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Australia, etc. have all seen cases fall off a cliff, which hasn't happened here or in the UK. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that wasn't just down to dumb luck

Spain and Italy are still second and third (and France 5th) in deaths per million so holding them as examples of what to do is bizarre. Get absolutely fucking rocked to begin with and then eventually it won’t have as many ways to spread since so many people got it would seem to be the conclusions there

Less than 1% of each of those countries' populations has been confirmed to have coronavirus. It is quite the leap to suggest that the decline is due to "peak immunity" when the generally agreed upon percentage for that is 70% of people in a country being infected

Just look at the stats in other countries' bro. Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Australia, etc. have all seen cases fall off a cliff, which hasn't happened here or in the UK. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that wasn't just down to dumb luck
I know the Bundesliga is restarting. Are the leagues in France, Italy, Spain and Australia following suit?

I know the Bundesliga is restarting. Are the leagues in France, Italy, Spain and Australia following suit?

All of those nations will "return to normal" far earlier than the US or UK. All you have to do is look at how far behind we are at flattening the curve. And yes that is mostly due to the ineptitude of the piece of shit executives running both countries.

Wrong thread and all, but is anyone planning on watching any Bundesliga games tomorrow morning? I'll probably watch for a bit, will be strange seeing post-COVID soccer in a stadium with no fans.

Wrong thread and all, but is anyone planning on watching any Bundesliga games tomorrow morning? I'll probably watch for a bit, will be strange seeing post-COVID soccer in a stadium with no fans.

Absolutely will watch. Can't wait.

Premier League teams voted this morning to allow teams to resume training (albeit in small groups) starting tomorrow. Hopefully this is a step towards finishing the campaign - likely would start about a month from now.

Troy Deeney on the Bundesliga...

"I watched the German football for three minutes and went this is sh*t and went and did yoga with my kids. That's how good it was."

Reminder... Bayern dumped out Chelsea and RBL dumped out Tottenham of the CL just a couple months ago.

Gotta love that English arrogance.

Troy Deeney on the Bundesliga...

"I watched the German football for three minutes and went this is sh*t and went and did yoga with my kids. That's how good it was."

Reminder... Bayern dumped out Chelsea and RBL dumped out Tottenham of the CL just a couple months ago.

Gotta love that English arrogance.

No questioning the english arrogance point but some of the games last weekend looked like preseason fixtures at times. There was a lot of rust on display.

Sadio with the ELITE hairline.

EYeh_oYWoAEmpDU

Naby has at least seen the light and buzzed his. I'm not sure what Mane is clinging on to at this point.

Back