• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Maguire is a solid PL defender, definitely should be in consideration to start for England, but 70-80M? No way.

If you compare Michael Keane and Maguire's Whoscored (which is a very flawed metric, but the best I can do) ratings from last season, Keane's season was superior. And I'd take 50M for Michael Keane tomorrow.

I would much rather United spend that amount of money elsewhere. Maguire is solid enough and better than the other options at CB for United, but I don't think he's the missing piece to turn it all around.

to me, Maguire to United for 70 million is a bad move for both teams

United overpays for one player

Leicester loses a key cog from a side that could compete for Europe at least and they are unlikely to use that 70 million effectively for 2019-20

of course, at this point if a move does not happen than potentially Maguire is unhappy and sulks ala Mahrez before his move

I wa surprised Leicester apparently turned down 70 mil. You can buy ten young Maguire level talents from the Championship with that money if you know where to look.

I wa surprised Leicester apparently turned down 70 mil. You can buy ten young Maguire level talents from the Championship with that money if you know where to look.

You're not going to sell your best player to your direct competition for a Europa League bid.

I think Leicester need more than what they have if they want to reach higher levels consistently, especially relying on a 33 year old striker for 40% of their goals. This could be a great chance to reinvest in 2 or 3 great signings without losing much at the CB spot. English players are so overvalued in the market. On the other hand, losing Maguire and relying on a new signing and a 35 year old Wes Morgan sounds like a huge risk if they dont have replacements lined up.

Alisson down hurt in Brazil v Argentina. Back/hip. Holding my breath. He might be ok.

Ayoze Perez to Leicester?

building a fun attacking unit there

Alisson down hurt in Brazil v Argentina. Back/hip. Holding my breath. He might be ok.

He was ok, as he is a supernatural beast not of this world. Brazil advances. Pretty good game, couple of near brawls, occasionally some high quality. Lautaro threatening to break Bert Firmino's jaw after Firmino megged him was pretty funny. Like, Firmino didn't do anything except meg him, and Lautaro lost it. Bert gets the last laugh with a goal and assist.

He was ok, as he is a supernatural beast not of this world. Brazil advances. Pretty good game, couple of near brawls, occasionally some high quality. Lautaro threatening to break Bert Firmino's jaw after Firmino megged him was pretty funny. Like, Firmino didn't do anything except meg him, and Lautaro lost it. Bert gets the last laugh with a goal and assist.
Bert?

The fuq?

I don't quite get it but he is a quality player

Fernandinho is old and has played a lot of soccer. Rodri is younger and can apparently cover for him, eventually take over. Gundogan is in the last year of his contract, I think, and D. Silva is leaving after this year, so they were going to need to get some bodies in there, anyway.

Bert?

The fuq?

I've been over this before, but all players with "bert" anywhere in their name should be called "Bert." None of this Bobby Firmino or Albie Moreno or Andy Robertson shit. Bert Firmino, Bert Moreno, and Bert Bertbertson.

Last edited:
Back