• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Yea. We may not win but we have the youngest team and arguably the least murderous fans

Yea. We may not win but we have the youngest team and arguably the least murderous fans
But.... We did win?

AWB is so good.

100% final third pass accuracy
100% aerial duels won
86% pass accuracy
6 tackles won
3 interceptions
0 fouls committed

And let's finally put to bed the discussion on who is better between HM and VVD.

It should be settled after today.

Didn't see a lot of discussion of the Everton match on here, wonder why?

Probably because it was a brutal watch. Only real positive I have is the defense. Coleman was great and the CBs were both really good. Silva seems to have sorted out the worst part of the team from the start of his tenure. We would have conceded one of those set piece goals if this was the start of last season.

But what Silva gets so, so wrong is Schneiderlin. I can't remember a more shocking performance from a central midfielder since I've watched Everton. It was clear when Gbamin came on that he's not quite ready for primetime either, but Tom Davies can fill a role. Seems time to look back at Baningime and Dowell too. Gomes was fine; he'll have that spot locked up, but the other one is going to be a revolving door, I suspect. I'd kill for shitty Jordan Henderson in our midfield.

And Sigurdsson got Andre Gomes hurt with his horrible pass. Sig puts in stinkers like this Saturday regularly. Missed an early sitter, couldn't complete a simple pass. But what's most wrong with him is that he's such an individual out there. He's never linking play between the midfield and attack, always just trying to work a shot. I'd really like to see Kean get a chance at the 10 in a front 4 situation with DCL up top, Richarlison wide left, and any of our other wingers out right. Bernard lacks the final quality even if he does a good job getting wide. He and Digne couldn't get on the same page. If we're paying Mirallas and Bolasie maybe one of them can do something. Would prefer no Walcott. Even though Richarlison couldn't get free to shoot yesterday he was sensational tracking back. He really helped Coleman a lot.

That's a lot of words about a 0-0 opener against Palace, sorry. Happy the league is back!

Still have a really bad feeling it's gonna end up being the Achilles for Alisson and out 6 months minimum. Not feeling good vibes on this. This is my reverse vibes vibe.

Still have a really bad feeling it's gonna end up being the Achilles for Alisson and out 6 months minimum. Not feeling good vibes on this. This is my reverse vibes vibe.
Would be a big boost for the Manchester clubs

Didn't see a lot of discussion of the Everton match on here, wonder why?

Probably because it was a brutal watch. Only real positive I have is the defense. Coleman was great and the CBs were both really good. Silva seems to have sorted out the worst part of the team from the start of his tenure. We would have conceded one of those set piece goals if this was the start of last season.

But what Silva gets so, so wrong is Schneiderlin. I can't remember a more shocking performance from a central midfielder since I've watched Everton. It was clear when Gbamin came on that he's not quite ready for primetime either, but Tom Davies can fill a role. Seems time to look back at Baningime and Dowell too. Gomes was fine; he'll have that spot locked up, but the other one is going to be a revolving door, I suspect. I'd kill for shitty Jordan Henderson in our midfield.

And Sigurdsson got Andre Gomes hurt with his horrible pass. Sig puts in stinkers like this Saturday regularly. Missed an early sitter, couldn't complete a simple pass. But what's most wrong with him is that he's such an individual out there. He's never linking play between the midfield and attack, always just trying to work a shot. I'd really like to see Kean get a chance at the 10 in a front 4 situation with DCL up top, Richarlison wide left, and any of our other wingers out right. Bernard lacks the final quality even if he does a good job getting wide. He and Digne couldn't get on the same page. If we're paying Mirallas and Bolasie maybe one of them can do something. Would prefer no Walcott. Even though Richarlison couldn't get free to shoot yesterday he was sensational tracking back. He really helped Coleman a lot.

That's a lot of words about a 0-0 opener against Palace, sorry. Happy the league is back!
Don't hate on Gylfi. He had a really poor day; they happen.

Last edited:
I thought it was a confirmed calf injury which would keep him out between 4-8 weeks.

That was the word going around Friday afternoon and Saturday, but not officially from the club, I don't think. Saw something earlier today where they wanted to reevaluate and look at the Achilles. I don't remember who that was from, so could be a troll -- I just glanced at it and got bad vibes.

Looks like they have agreed a one-year deal with Andy Lonergan, so will at least have two senior keepers available for the next bit.

Sounds like Coutinho might go on loan to Bayern. I think that's a good spot for him, and they had to do something with Sane out with an ACL and that move dying/postponed.

Don't hate on Gylfi. He had a really poor day; they happen.

Too often for the club record signing. I think his best days (behind him now) at Swansea were when he was the complete focal point of the offense, and we simply have better goal scorers in the squad than him. His play is wasteful.

Sounds like Coutinho might go on loan to Bayern. I think that's a good spot for him, and they had to do something with Sane out with an ACL and that move dying/postponed.

James 2.0

Spanish clubs just helping out ze Germans

Too often for the club record signing. I think his best days (behind him now) at Swansea were when he was the complete focal point of the offense, and we simply have better goal scorers in the squad than him. His play is wasteful.

Townie is right

Gylfi was a bad signing when it happened and it is only going to look worse as the talent around him increases

He might score a worldie or two, but in so many matches he is invisible, or worse, anti-productive to the attack.

Apparently Gbamin told Silva he wasn't ready to play before the match, but he still came off the bench before Davies. Baffling stuff. Now that Gomes is hurt and Delph apparently may still be out too, that's a shaky pairing, Gbamin and Davies. I'd think about moving Sigurdsson back to the defensive midfield. If anything, he's solid at pressuring players and getting into good areas. We could have him sitting deeper and a front line of:

-----------DCL---------------
Bernard--Kean--Richarlison

I'd like to see it tried.

Klopp confirmed today that Becker will be sidelined for the next few weeks.

Well at least it’s not months. My reverse vibes vibe must have worked.

Back