• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Beautifully struck, but god that was an awful wall set up from Hennessey.

nice 3 points today. i cant wait to watch it and see Tony get his hatty!

Cahill has given away two PKs and yet nothing from VAR.

When-Dawson-Best-Man-Speech-Unraveled-Ultimate-Ugly-Cry-Face-We-Knew-Probably-Wasnt-Meant.gif

Could be a rough one, man, Palace has been a bit of a problem over the last bit and have won 4 straight with 4 clean sheets.

But Robertson is back and just left one in on a national team colleague in the first minute, so maybe the bite is back.

The future of our e-relationship is looking good right now my dude

I liked seeing Siggy as a 6 in the second half. I remember floating the idea a while back and dv7 yelling at me. He's so slow and immobile but it helps us keep our shape, and he does well sitting deeper.

lol - while I didn't watch any of the matches today, I just glanced at the match stats and well.... I'm underwhelmed by Siggy's contribution.

19 attempted passes in the entire 2nd half with Everton having possession well over the half of it in the 2nd 45. but he did manage 1 interception. what a coup for him!

Might as well have been Makelele! Who could possibly tell the difference!?!?

lol - while I didn't watch any of the matches today, I just glanced at the match stats and well.... I'm underwhelmed by Siggy's contribution.

19 attempted passes in the entire 2nd half with Everton having possession well over the half of it in the 2nd 45. but he did manage 1 interception. what a coup for him!

Might as well have been Makelele! Who could possibly tell the difference!?!?

Lol I’m not saying he was excellent or anything but he came on at half for Davies who was horrible and did much better. And we had better players progressing play ahead of and wide of him. It worked, regardless of what stats you could look up about a 6 would tell you. Thought he was fine and he’s usually a player I hate.

Should have had a couple more, but three points is good. Two clean sheets in Project Restart.

Mason Holgate is definitely looking like a long term anchor of this defense. He's been the most consistent player for a while now back there. Calvert Lewin is also such a menace.

I liked seeing Siggy as a 6 in the second half. I remember floating the idea a while back and dv7 yelling at me. He's so slow and immobile but it helps us keep our shape, and he does well sitting deeper.

Siggy was certainly an improvement on Davies who was abysmal in the first half, but he can only play in the midfield against teams like Norwich. Any team with a half decent set of athletic midfielders will run circles around him. He's way too immobile to play in a modern central midfield.

As to your other point, is it too son to start calling him Mason FUTURE ENGLAND CAPTAIN Holgate? Because he's amazing since Silva got the boot, and I can't think of too many better English defenders right now. His positioning, poise, and on-the ball decision making has been fantastic.

Great goal. Front three have been on it today.
Still trying to decide if I'd rather City drop points tomorrow and win the title tomorrow afternoon, or take it from City next week at the Etihad.

Think I'd prefer just to have it wrapped up at this point given everything, but it would be a nice cap on things.

Siggy was certainly an improvement on Davies who was abysmal in the first half, but he can only play in the midfield against teams like Norwich. Any team with a half decent set of athletic midfielders will run circles around him. He's way too immobile to play in a modern central midfield.

As to your other point, is it too son to start calling him Mason FUTURE ENGLAND CAPTAIN Holgate? Because he's amazing since Silva got the boot, and I can't think of too many better English defenders right now. His positioning, poise, and on-the ball decision making has been fantastic.

*cough*FUTUREENGLANDCAPTAINSTONES*cough*

Y'all never learn, do you?

Think I'd prefer just to have it wrapped up at this point given everything, but it would be a nice cap on things.

Liverpool aren't going to lose out, so the title is already decided.

Win it on the pitch vs your closest competitors. Would be a hell of an exclamation point.

Back