• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Lols no yellow for Milner

Don’t remember the tackle in question but midway through the second half Milner’s ankle bent in a way that would put Tracy McGrady out for six months and he just kept chugging.

The Soton goal was further proof of VAR incompetence, thankfully it didn’t matter. Liverpool will lose the league by one point again but hopefully a win in Paris helps ease the pain.

It was a high boot that was up near Broja's neck.

In any case, impressive how dominant Liverpool were with the B team.

lg9ozku7h8091.png

Why PGMOL HQ should be treated like an Al Qaeda safehouse, a thread:

And there is no conspiracy against your club (Arsenal or Everton...or any other club). You aren't that important. Nobody cares that much to launch a massive conspiracy in football.

You are talking like crazy people. Stop it and grow up. You fucking clowns.

And there is no conspiracy against your club (Arsenal or Everton...or any other club). You aren't that important. Nobody cares that much to launch a massive conspiracy in football.

If it's not a conspiracy (50/50 I'd say) than the HQ still needs to be leveled for gross incompetence.

The college kid reffing the Reynolds JV game could make better decisions, especially with video review.

I don't think you understand just how fucking horrific the level of officiating is. It is shocking. I'd rather just let the players call it on the field at this point, I don't trust any of these clowns to not fuck us over.

Stop. You are just being ridiculous at this point. Reffing at a high school match in North Carolina, I assure you, is much worse than what I see in the Premier League week in/week out.

I'd be fine with a massive restart on how they officiate but there is definitely no conspiracy for/against any one side/club. That's just crazy talk.

If it's not a conspiracy (50/50 I'd say) than the HQ still needs to be leveled for gross incompetence.

The college kid reffing the Reynolds JV game could make better decisions, especially with video review.

I don't think you understand just how fucking horrific the level of officiating is. It is shocking. I'd rather just let the players call it on the field at this point, I don't trust any of these clowns to not fuck us over.

This. Certain teams and certain players are allowed to get away with murder. Granit Xhaka was cautioned for accumulation earlier in the season without having actually been called for a single foul.

Stop. You are just being ridiculous at this point. Reffing at a high school match in North Carolina, I assure you, is much worse than what I see in the Premier League week in/week out.

I'd be fine with a massive restart on how they officiate but there is definitely no conspiracy for/against any one side/club. That's just crazy talk.

It's a little hyperbolic, sure, but the extremely subjective usage of VAR is a huge problem. It must be nice to not go into every match wondering how you're going to get fucked over.

They have to make the center ref/VAR conversations public for the sake of the league's credibility. I genuinely do believe they they are influencing results, and they need to prove otherwise. It's outrageous how uneven it feels. I'd rather play at Cameron during K's hey day than have a current premier league referee officiate an Everton match.

Again, reffing could be better.

There isn't a conspiracy afoot.

And Granit Xhaka is a thug footballer. The ref likely got confused with all the fouls he saw him commit in another match. Dude is a psycho.

Again, reffing could be better.

There isn't a conspiracy afoot.

And Granit Xhaka is a thug footballer. The ref likely got confused with all the fouls he saw him commit in another match. Dude is a psycho.

The thing is we don't know that. Because they just make bullshit excuses up as they go and there is zero transparency. It is on them to prove otherwise at this point, they have lost all credibility.

Anyways Everton is going to draw tonight and take it to Sunday, I can feel it.

Last edited:
I don't believe there's a conspiracy either. But I do think the level of inconsistency to the point of incompetence is unacceptable for the quality of the product on the field.

Spot on.

Though I've made my thoughts fairly clear that I don't believe in a shady FA cabal conspiring to make certain outcomes happen, I can understand where the grievance comes from.

FIFA is one of the most corrupt bodies in international sport, it consistently has been found to perpetrate fraud, bribery, money laundering, etc. And at the level of the Football Association there are hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars at play both in title chases, in Champions/Europa hunts for places, and in the relegation/promotion battles. The difference between 1st and 2nd, 4th and 5th, and 6-8th, the difference between 17th and 18th is often times the difference in tens or hundreds of millions of dollars. So it is _that important_ and thousands of people _care_ and play a part in shaping how games are scheduled, officiated, and administered from an operational standpoint.

To be getting it this wrong from an officiating standpoint after instigating video review and making incremental change to the game over the years via byzantine rule change and mealy-mouthed explanations of decisions is not acceptable when your club are on the wrong end of a terrible outcome. If you're a fan of a big club, maybe it has all come out in the wash for you over the years. If decisions have mounted up against you, and you've been in a trophy drought, maybe you don't want to point the fingers at your club and you go looking for a bogeyman elsewhere.

It is comical for Liverpool and Manchester United fans to come on here and be saying "oh you're talking like crazy people" when they are the consistent beneficiaries of the kinds of refereeing decisions that make the average football fan lose their minds week over week.

I don't believe there's a conspiracy either. But I do think the level of inconsistency to the point of incompetence is unacceptable for the quality of the product on the field.

Yes. It has to be better. The level of consistency in refereeing has declined an absurd level in the past 15 or so years.

Though I've made my thoughts fairly clear that I don't believe in a shady FA cabal conspiring to make certain outcomes happen, I can understand where the grievance comes from.

FIFA is one of the most corrupt bodies in international sport, it consistently has been found to perpetrate fraud, bribery, money laundering, etc. And at the level of the Football Association there are hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars at play both in title chases, in Champions/Europa hunts for places, and in the relegation/promotion battles. The difference between 1st and 2nd, 4th and 5th, and 6-8th, the difference between 17th and 18th is often times the difference in tens or hundreds of millions of dollars. So it is _that important_ and thousands of people _care_ and play a part in shaping how games are scheduled, officiated, and administered from an operational standpoint.

To be getting it this wrong from an officiating standpoint after instigating video review and making incremental change to the game over the years via byzantine rule change and mealy-mouthed explanations of decisions is not acceptable when your club are on the wrong end of a terrible outcome. If you're a fan of a big club, maybe it has all come out in the wash for you over the years. If decisions have mounted up against you, and you've been in a trophy drought, maybe you don't want to point the fingers at your club and you go looking for a bogeyman elsewhere.

It is comical for Liverpool and Manchester United fans to come on here and be saying "oh you're talking like crazy people" when they are the consistent beneficiaries of the kinds of refereeing decisions that make the average football fan lose their minds week over week.

lol United have been housed by refs over the years. They've just been, until the past decade, been good enough to overcome shit decisions. Man United have been largely the beneficiaries of VAR the past couple years simple BECAUSE the on-field decisions have wrongly gone against them. So, your last comment is nonsense. Maybe Everton just isn't that good and you need to stop looking for a 'bogeyman'?

I'm trying to grasp just how many people it would take to undergo a conspiracy to help certain clubs and hurt others. That number has to be in the scores of people. And we are supposed to think that not one of them would blow the whistle? GTFOH

Back