• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2021/22 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Problem is if you dock points, your hurting coaches, players and potentially other teams (if relegated). This doesn't matter to the kroenke's of the world. You have to hit them where it hurts. Serious fines and or reduced payment for this seasons performances, or both.

...or suspensions from European competition.

all good points about the penalties, but whatever the penalties are, they must be the same for the English, Spanish and Italian leagues, otherwise, they will be ineffective and unfair

not imposing penalties, or very light penalties will just be a prescription for more scheming behind closed doors in order to guarantee huge money for a few clubs no matter how mismanaged or poorly they might perform on the field

Problem is if you dock points, your hurting coaches, players and potentially other teams (if relegated). This doesn't matter to the kroenke's of the world. You have to hit them where it hurts. Serious fines and or reduced payment for this seasons performances, or both.

Wigan, Bury, Sheff Wed, etc were all docked points for offenses that had nothing to do with their coaches or players.

That most fitting way to punish the owners is to ban the teams from European competitions for two seasons. They've tried to circumvent and kill the Champions/Europa Leagues, well don't let them in to either competitions for the next two years. I mean Liverpool's fan got the entire country banned from Europe for 5 years. 2 seasons is nothing. And it will cost these Scab 6 a fortune in prize and sponsorship money.

Wigan, Bury, Sheff Wed, etc were all docked points for offenses that had nothing to do with their coaches or players.

That most fitting way to punish the owners is to ban the teams from European competitions for two seasons. They've tried to circumvent and kill the Champions/Europa Leagues, well don't let them in to either competitions for the next two years. I mean Liverpool's fan got the entire country banned from Europe for 5 years. 2 seasons is nothing. And it will cost these Scab 6 a fortune in prize and sponsorship money.

Transfer bans would help, too

As a LFC fan, I'm all for penalties for the 12 teams. Its disappointing, embarrassing and shameful what they tried to pull. Particularly during a pandemic. While it matters very little, I've pulled my international membership. I'll still support Jurgen and the team but I won't give John Henry any more money. He's made Americans and Liverpool both look bad. The greed has forever tarnished his legacy and perhaps the clubs.

I am waiting to for DeacMan's explanation of marxist nations so I know who I want to cheer for

As a LFC fan, I'm all for penalties for the 12 teams. Its disappointing, embarrassing and shameful what they tried to pull. Particularly during a pandemic. While it matters very little, I've pulled my international membership. I'll still support Jurgen and the team but I won't give John Henry any more money. He's made Americans and Liverpool both look bad. The greed has forever tarnished his legacy and perhaps the clubs.

I have to say that I don't feel this way at all. That's not a criticism of you or anyone else that has this reaction but the fact that Liverpool is run by businessmen whose primary goal is to maximize profit for themselves and their investors is not news to me and has nothing to do with the things that drew me to support the club.

And for those fans of clubs outside of the top 6 (hi Brasky), do you really think that the owners of your clubs would have said no if they had the chance to join the super league and believed the super league was going to happen? Unless you're a fan of genuine grass roots clubs like AFC Wimbledon, don't kid yourself. That's not to say I support this behavior or excuse it in any way, but it strikes me as wildly naive to think that the self interested motives of the owners of the super league clubs are distinct from the owners of other premier league clubs.

The best way to punish the owners and reward the fans for saving football from those leeches is to institute a 50% + 1 model.

I'll buy ownership stake in Man United, no questions asked if it means that the same can be true for other clubs. The sport is for the people so let the people control the sport.

I have to say that I don't feel this way at all. That's not a criticism of you or anyone else that has this reaction but the fact that Liverpool is run by businessmen whose primary goal is to maximize profit for themselves and their investors is not news to me and has nothing to do with the things that drew me to support the club.

And for those fans of clubs outside of the top 6 (hi Brasky), do you really think that the owners of your clubs would have said no if they had the chance to join the super league and believed the super league was going to happen? Unless you're a fan of genuine grass roots clubs like AFC Wimbledon, don't kid yourself. That's not to say I support this behavior or excuse it in any way, but it strikes me as wildly naive to think that the self interested motives of the owners of the super league clubs are distinct from the owners of other premier league clubs.

It doesn't matter what I think Leeds would have done because, at the end of the day, they didn't try to scheme their way into some circlejerk league. For as much as we bitch about them on these boards, replace "big 6" with "UNC" and "join the super league" with "set up paper classes to keep athletes academically eligible" and see how it reads. It is the "anybody would have done it" excuse. You're not wrong that other clubs would have probably jumped at it if invited, but what matters is that there are six clubs that did this and there needs to be some measure of accountability to make sure that they, or whoever the big clubs are 10-15 years from now, don't pull this again. At minimum, I think all 6 (plus the Spanish and Italian clubs involved) should face a two year ban from European competition.

Last edited:
And before we get into we need to target the punishment on owners, not the fans or the players, Leeds have been docked points for the actions of the ownership.

Add Portsmouth to the list of PL teams who've recently been docked points at no fault of the players or coaching staff

I assume all the players on the top 6 teams have relegation clauses in their contracts - so send those teams down to the Championship, the players can bail and take paychecks elsewhere and next season those 6 teams can fight Preston and Luton for 3 promotion spots while learning a cruel lesson of why fans love promotion/relegation.

I am waiting to for DeacMan's explanation of marxist nations so I know who I want to cheer for

It's hard to "cheer" for leagues in nations that no longer exist or that live in abject poverty and don't really have competitions of note. But hey, HC CSKA Mockba had a hell of a run in the Soviet Championship League prior to Gorbachev coming in and putting that on the road to ruin. I think Fetisov and some of his buddies were happier for it though.

Nevermind the irony of people whining that the most capitalistic sink or swim professional sports business model on earth was going to be ruined by the implementation of a centralized business model dictated by a handful of super clubs that would assure they all shared enhanced revenue streams more evenly among themselves (and could even implement cost controls to create a more potential parity among themselves) while still getting to participate in domestic competitions where they'd be even more sure to dominate the rank and file of their home countries. Certainly a more "marxist" business model.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what I think Leeds would have done because, at the end of the day, they didn't try to scheme their way into some circlejerk league. For as much as we bitch about them on these boards, replace "big 6" with "UNC" and "join the super league" with "set up paper classes to keep athletes academically eligible" and see how it reads. It is the "anybody would have done it" excuse. You're not wrong that other clubs would have probably jumped at it if invited, but what matters is that there are six clubs that did this and there needs to be some measure of accountability to make sure that they, or whoever the big clubs are 10-15 years from now, don't pull this again. At minimum, I think all 6 (plus the Spanish and Italian clubs involved) should face a two year ban from European competition.

Man Utd and Liverpool make money for the EPL. Leeds and Southampton, not so much. So expect some sort of meaningful fine the six clubs can manage through and watch the show go on.

I'm not making the argument for or against punishment. I'm simply noting that it's not at all surprising that big businesses are run like big businesses by business people focused on enriching themselves and their investors. While Brasky feels it gives him the moral high ground to support a club that didn't join the super league, my view is that as fans, we don't have to answer for the actions of owners we didn't select and have no control over.

I imagine we would all (or at least most) support the 50% plus 1 model. It is almost certainly a big part of why Bayern and Dortmund were not part of the initial announcement. But that's not likely to happen and the games will continue. Am I really supposed to put aside my interest in the team and players that play the game I love because the owners are who we all knew they are? Of course not.

It's hard to "cheer" for leagues in nations that no longer exist or that live in abject poverty and don't really have competitions of note. But hey, HC CSKA Mockba had a hell of a run in the Soviet Championship League prior to Gorbachev coming in and putting that on the road to ruin. I think Fetisov and some of his buddies were happier for it though.

Nevermind the irony of people whining that the most capitalistic sink or swim professional sports business model on earth was going to be ruined by the implementation of a centralized business model dictated by a handful of super clubs that would assure they all shared enhanced revenue streams more evenly among themselves (and could even implement cost controls to create a more potential parity among themselves) while still getting to participate in domestic competitions where they'd be even more sure to dominate the rank and file of their home countries. Certainly a more "marxist" business model.

Jesus Tittyfucking Tapdancing Christ I’d hate to live in your head

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Eden Hazard $126,500,000
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Back