• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Anyway, sack the board, sell the team, finish the stadium, and let’s get back on track

Goodison can’t be upgraded/expanded? I love those old English football grounds.

I think we can all agree that Dyche is the right man to lead Everton into the future.

Survived a negative transfer spend again after last season’s 17th, Frank Lampard, and all the injuries. Just 8 wins on the year oof.

If Everton can just stabilize and not go through relegation battles for a few seasons until the new stadium is finished, they’ll be solidly in the Europe conversation in no time. Just can’t be battling for 17th every year, need to get safe with 6-7 games to play like Wolves/Palace this season and coast until the flights leave for Tenerife.

Congrats Everton for staving off relegation for another year! You are slowly circling the the toilet bowl of relegation and will soon be flushed down in relegation.

I didn’t see their matches today, but Leicester and Leeds put in some truly shockingly limp performances the last few weeks, given the stakes. Dyche at least got some fight out of Everton, which should be the bare minimum.

Think Allardyce and Smith weren’t done any favors, of course, and both clubs should have either moved sooner or hung tight, but didn’t think either did even passable jobs.

Depending on where you look, Forest, Wolves, and Bournemouth were xGdiff bottom or xPoints bottom. Leeds probably the hardest done by. Common denominator in relegated clubs or clubs in bottom 6 is not having a reliable and competent striker.

I know jack just signed the big extension

Thinking that he’ll play for Leeds next year?

Well, I started following the Premier league (casually) entirely because Jack Harrison ended up there and it was fun to watch someone play in the Premier league that I watched play at Spry.

I’d like to see him (and the Americans on Leeds) find their way into good situations on new teams.
Jack will be in the PL, he's gone. Wes and Tyler, too.

Jack will be in the PL, he's gone. Wes and Tyler, too.
You think McKennie will be in the PL next year? I dunno, wouldn’t say he was very good during his time at Leeds.

I actually think getting regular games in the Championship would be great for Aaronson.

I do think Jack is likely gone and will stay in the PL. He stayed on the field a long time going around high fiving fans post-game. Seemed to be saying good bye.

plenty of reasons to criticize him, but the thing i like about Dyche is that he doesn't embellish the big moments/wins. just goes about his job like a professional. club could use a few more like that in positions of leadership

You think McKennie will be in the PL next year? I dunno, wouldn’t say he was very good during his time at Leeds.

I actually think getting regular games in the Championship would be great for Aaronson.

I do think Jack is likely gone and will stay in the PL. He stayed on the field a long time going around high fiving fans post-game. Seemed to be saying good bye.
You're right, Wes wasn't good at Leeds... but he was indeed good at Juve. Leeds played him out of position after Tyler's injury. He will find a better home.

Survived a negative transfer spend again after last season’s 17th, Frank Lampard, and all the injuries. Just 8 wins on the year oof.
I mean didn't City have a negative transfer spend? Worked ok for them too I guess.

Everton will be way better situated once the new stadium is done I'd think. Of course I guess that depends on how it was financed in today's interest rate environment.

I mean didn't City have a negative transfer spend? Worked ok for them too I guess.

Everton will be way better situated once the new stadium is done I'd think. Of course I guess that depends on how it was financed in today's interest rate environment.
Lol yea a real like for like scenario

We’ll be better situated if we find owners and a board who can run us like a modern football operation

plenty of reasons to criticize him, but the thing i like about Dyche is that he doesn't embellish the big moments/wins. just goes about his job like a professional. club could use a few more like that in positions of leadership
More wins for Dyche this season at Everton than Frank at Everton and Chelsea combined

I think Luton, Sheffield, and Forest go down next season. Calling my shot now.

Back