• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

pay PSG and Mbappe whatever the fuck they want

the man would look so amazing in a United shirt.

pay PSG and Mbappe whatever the fuck they want

the man would look so amazing in a United shirt.

He'd look better in an Arsenal shirt. But we all know that he's going to look really good in a Los Blancos shirt.

From a contractual and player acquisition perspective, I don’t think Arsenal have had a 5 month stretch quite like this since I’ve been a supporter:
  • Signed Gabriel to a long term extension
  • Signed Martinelli to a long term extension
  • Signed Saka to a long term extension
  • Signed Havertz
  • Signed Rice
  • Signed Timber
  • Signed Nelson to a long term extension after his contract had actually expired
  • Signed Saliba to a long term extension
Opposing fans may quibble with the players and resources allocated, and you are well within your rights to be wrong, but just from the perspective of maintaining valuable assets and acquiring desired targets in swift fashion, this is not your father’s Arsenal. With more rumors about a new deal for Ødegaard coming and that transfer business is not done for the summer, finally we are acting like the big club we should be.

Meanwhile Everton just sold another extremely promising youth player for £4m to Chelsea, a left back called Ishe Samuels-Smith. And we’re desperately looking to see out the high wage contracts for Gomes and Gbamin with loans, and maybe get a few million for Gray and Maupay so that we can afford an incoming transfer of any kind. But this is all a challenge because we don’t currently have a board of directors, and Farhad Moshiri is either broke or maybe under sanctions against spending more on the club than what he can capitalize on stadium expenses, and MSP investments probably won’t happen til August. So um, relegation battle again, I think.

I guess they believe he's not Prem standard?
Seems that way. Nottingham are short on keepers so maybe he stays with them this season and competes with Hennessey. I think Navas has gone back to PSG.

Rumors that United in for a 20 year old Japanese keeper, Zion Suzuki, who is also USMNT eligible?

Seems that way. Nottingham are short on keepers so maybe he stays with them this season and competes with Hennessey. I think Navas has gone back to PSG.
Henderson is going to end up at Forest

just a matter of when, not if

Meanwhile Everton just sold another extremely promising youth player for £4m to Chelsea, a left back called Ishe Samuels-Smith. And we’re desperately looking to see out the high wage contracts for Gomes and Gbamin with loans, and maybe get a few million for Gray and Maupay so that we can afford an incoming transfer of any kind. But this is all a challenge because we don’t currently have a board of directors, and Farhad Moshiri is either broke or maybe under sanctions against spending more on the club than what he can capitalize on stadium expenses, and MSP investments probably won’t happen til August. So um, relegation battle again, I think.
I'm not an Everton hater, but I think this is the year that the wheels are gonna fall off for them. Dyche worked miracles at Burnley, but i see him gone in december. There really isn't much of a difference between 12th and 20th, but if things start looking badly, I don't see them having the fight to stay up...

I'm not an Everton hater, but I think this is the year that the wheels are gonna fall off for them. Dyche worked miracles at Burnley, but i see him gone in december. There really isn't much of a difference between 12th and 20th, but if things start looking badly, I don't see them having the fight to stay up...
If you extrapolate the Dyche points total out to a season (and he had a tough run of matches), we’d have 50 points and secure midtable safety. Give him a preseason and a couple incomings and I think we’ve got a shot at it. A few injuries and poor recruitment and more front office mess and we’re back in the relegation scrap though.

will DCL stay healthy for once? if not, where are the goals coming from? Just Gray and McNeil? Doucoure? Maybe some assists from Iwobi but he can't finish.

Striker needs to be an incoming as we definitely cannot rely on DCL to stay healthy as our only plan. I think Dyche wants to play with two big target players up top. Still a big question mark. McNeil had a bit of a breakout season, could see him getting up to 7 or 8 goals. Otherwise who knows, seemed like we just got them from random contributors last season when we could.

In the last six months Everton have sold £52m worth of homegrown talent from the academy. From 2004 to six months ago we sold £45m worth of academy talent.

Either our academy has gotten a lot better or we’re really mortgaging our future rn.

Yayyyy
Arsenal never had weird injury problems over the past 14 years!

Hahahhahahahahahahahaha
Coming in May....

That's just funny
e7287728e89c2ef4aedf70c0c6ae0b2c.jpg

Back