• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

That is so much for Hojlund. Yowzers
But I think his lower wages helped get them to meet the higher transfer fee

Would I have paid 300m for these four, personally?

1690676772295.jpeg

Think there are better entire rosters who have been bought for that price. But Rashford is elite, and there is probably another near elite player in there somewhere maybe sort of.

Liverpool - 4 Leicester - 0 this morning.

Leicester should have probably done better with one of a few chances in the opening 15-20, but after that it was a cruise. Darwin, Clark, Diogo J, Doak with goals.

I think there’s a decent chance they start with most of the same players against Chelsea, except Alisson instead of Kelleher and Szoboszlai instead of Clark. Then the two spots up top with Salah are kind of up for grabs, though Darwin and Diogo J have the most goals so far.

Semi-interesting to me is that he has had Mac Allister on as the right 8/10 when he’s been on and Szoboszlai mostly on left when I would have thought they’d be switched based on where they played the bulk of their minutes last year, but it’s not like it’s awkward for either and they both kind of drift centrally anyway. Both look like they will slot in pretty easily.

Last edited:
Arsenal rumored to be interested in David Raya, possibly contingent on Matt Turner going to Nottingham Forest. Kind of a weird one but would be maybe the biggest indication yet from Edu and Arteta that no one is safe and that any move that could improve the team will be explored and executed if possible.

Raya is better than Ramsdale, possibly significantly better. Still just 26 too which is quite young for a keep. Would be great business.

I'd be alright with Turner going to Forest. Oddly enough there was a rumor earlier today about current Revs keeper Djordje Petrovic being wanted by them as well.

EtH going with the 2nd team in the final US preseason friendly. Heaton in goal. Lind and Mag at CB. McT and vdB alongside Eriksen in the middle. Forson and Pellestri on the wings. But Sancho as the striker/false 9 again. Which is interesting - EtH clearly likes something he sees there and is trying to get him some more reps. Otherwise just stick in Hugill there as he is a natural predatory 9. Getting Sancho reps again instead hints, to me at least, that ten Hag likes the idea of playing him there in competitive matches and wants him more comfortable in the role.
Only time will tell tho

Arsenal won a lot of matches in spite of Aaron Ramsdale, not because of him. He isn't a top level keeper, IMO.
He also singlehandedly won us plenty of points. He's not a perfect keeper by any stretch but he's not a bad keeer. I'm not against improving where possible but he's certainly PL-caliber.

Let’s have the final table predictions

1. Man City
2. Man United
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Chelsea
6. Brighton
7. Tottenham
8. Newcastle
9. Aston Villa
10. Fulham
11. Brentford
12. Crystal Palace
13. Everton
14. West Ham
15. Wolves
16. Forest
17. Burnley
18. Bournemouth
19. Sheffield United
20. Luton Town

He also singlehandedly won us plenty of points. He's not a perfect keeper by any stretch but he's not a bad keeer. I'm not against improving where possible but he's certainly PL-caliber.
Didn't say he was bad. Didn't say he is a keeper out of place in the PL.

I said he isn't a top-level keeper. And he isn't. I honestly view him as England's 3rd best keeper option right now in a time where England's keeper options are pretty mediocre. 1) Pope 2) Pickford (gross) 3) Ramsdale

DIOGO DALOTTTTT

WHAT A GOAL

DvdB assist. Someone should buy this dude. There is a good player in there.

1. Arsenal
  2. Man City
  3. Liverpool
  4. Man United
  5. Newcastle
  6. Chelsea
  7. Tottenham
  8. Aston Villa
  9. Brighton
  10. Brentford
  11. Burnley
  12. Palace
  13. Fulham
  14. Forest
  15. West Ham
  16. Bournemouth
  17. Everton
  18. Sheffield United
  19. Wolves
  20. Luton Town

I can't respect myself in the morning if I don't say MUFC will win it with EtH getting his players in. 10% chance of happening which is good enough for me! haha

1) Man United
2) Man City
3) Liverpool
4) Arsenal
5) Aston Villa
6) Chelsea
7) Newcastle
8) Brighton
9) Spurs
10) Forest
11) Palace
12) Tottenham
13) West Ham
14) Sheffield United
15) Brentford
16) Fulham
17) Luton
18) Bournemouth
19) Burnley
20) Everton

Didn't say he was bad. Didn't say he is a keeper out of place in the PL.

I said he isn't a top-level keeper. And he isn't. I honestly view him as England's 3rd best keeper option right now in a time where England's keeper options are pretty mediocre. 1) Pope 2) Pickford (gross) 3) Ramsdale
Henderson becomes #2 if he gets his move to Forest and plays without injury. I really do rate him as a keeper. And I know he had some issues with saving shots last season which was a regression from his norm.

Back