• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

But that said, why didn't the VAR official get on the radio the moment he saw the ball lines up for the free kick and not an offside?
Did he go get a quick cuppa?

Right? Just get on the radio and go “whoa whoa whoa, I meant give the goal”. It doesn’t pass the sniff test.

Reactions: BTB
I mean, it’s totally bizarre, ngl, this one has me still pretty shook so I’d believe anything right now, but it’s prob not deeper than just idiots being idiots, I guess. I think some of those guys def hate Klopp and that doesn’t help, but I’m not sure how that would even play into the incidents today, I’m just kind of still fired up about it.

Honestly I believe this 100%. A VAR official not confirming with the on-field official what the on-field decision was that they are supposed to be reviewing seems right up PGMOL's alley and then just saying "check complete" and not "check complete, onside, good goal" or something in that ballpark is either exactly the protocol I would imagine PGMOL comes up with OR the exact corner cutting of protocol I would expect from the incompetent buffoons they put in charge of VAR.

The total absurdity of it all is what makes it believable.

Honestly I believe this 100%. A VAR official not confirming with the on-field official what the on-field decision was that they are supposed to be reviewing seems right up PGMOL's alley and then just saying "check complete" and not "check complete, onside, good goal" or something in that ballpark is either exactly the protocol I would imagine PGMOL comes up with OR the exact corner cutting of protocol I would expect from the incompetent buffoons they put in charge of VAR.

The total absurdity of it all is what makes it believable.
Just too bad they have no shame or this would have been fixed a long time ago

Gakpo out 6 weeks potentially. Udogie’s lunging tackle was not carded and way worse than Jota’s “tackle” on Udogie for hist first yellow. Hopefully Gakpo scans come out ok tomorrow.

you liverpool fans are going to DV7 level of ref complaining. i thought you all were better than that....
Lol wut

I don't complain about refs other than to say that they are consistently terrible.

I certainly never say that they are out to get Manchester United

Try again, Windy, because you're making shit up here.

Liverpool supporters continue to be the biggest victims in the world.

At least in their own minds.

Worst supporter base on the planet.

Back