• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

If I had a nickel for every time the ball was most likely out against us but was given as a goal because VAR couldn’t see it properly, I would have two nickels which isn’t much but it’s weird it’s happened twice

refs totally screwing arsenal again just like every single match
It’s intentional you know
If I had a nickel for every time the ball was most likely out against us but was given as a goal because VAR couldn’t see it properly, I would have two nickels which isn’t much but it’s weird it’s happened twice
god bless ya for being incredibly on brand

I’m not complaining about it, I am fully aware why it was given and the calamitous defending that led to it deserved to be punished. Just weird that it’s happened twice in two months. Hope you had a great holiday, Windy.

Hopefully all this means is that the days of 95+ points for the Champions is a thing of the past, but who knows maybe one of these clubs pulls off a perfect 19/19 in the 2nd half of the season?

All of the teams at the top seem very flawed this year. It’s fun
Well, keep in mind that Man City should be getting KDB back very soon. They should have had him for the majority of the season to date but Pep stupidly played him in their first match and he re-aggravated an injury that cost him half the season. Which is just another reason why I don't think Pep belongs to be spoken about like the top club managers of all-time.

He's been at 3 clubs. Barcelona (with the greatest club side ever, I don't even think there is a debate), Bayern Munich - where he didn't win in Europe, and Manchester City with untold billions of legal and illegal funds at their disposal to get deals done. And Pep only just won his first CL with them last season.

I just don't think he is in the same echelon of the game as some of the greats like SAF, Michels, Shankly, Ancelotti, Sacchi, Trapattoni, Busby, Lippi, Clough... All these guys built up numerous clubs to have success that they hadn't seen before ever or at least in many, many years.

Pep seems more in line with the 2nd echelon for me with the likes of Paisley, Wenger, Mourinho, Capello, Stein, LvG, del Bosque, Hiddink, Nicholson, Dalglish, Lobanovskyi

Want a penalty? Just surround the referee til he points to the spot.
If I could change one thing, it would be to stop the players from surrounding the ref. American sports don't have this problem (Tim Duncan got ejected from a game for laughing on the bench). We all know coaches and players do work the refs, but its just absurd that bunch of players act like 5 year olds in a grocery store, screaming at their parent to buy them candy.

Agreed and I acknowledge that historically Man United players (along with Liverpool and Chelsea, IMO) have been the worst aggressors of trying to pressure the referee. Recently Man City and Fulham (of all clubs) are rising to the former 3s level.

Captains should be able to say what they want to (within respectful reason) to the referee but random players that crowd the ref should get booked on the spot. The dude isn't going to change the decision so stop acting like a petulant child.

Last edited:
Well, keep in mind that Man City should be getting KDB back very soon. They should have had him for the majority of the season to date but Pep stupidly played him in their first match and he re-aggravated an injury that cost him half the season. Which is just another reason why I don't think Pep belongs to be spoken about like the top club managers of all-time.

He's been at 3 clubs. Barcelona (with the greatest club side ever, I don't even think there is a debate), Bayern Munich - where he didn't win in Europe, and Manchester City with untold billions of legal and illegal funds at their disposal to get deals done. And Pep only just won his first CL with them last season.

I just don't think he is in the same echelon of the game as some of the greats like SAF, Michels, Shankly, Ancelotti, Sacchi, Trapattoni, Busby, Lippi, Clough... All these guys built up numerous clubs to have success that they hadn't seen before ever or at least in many, many years.

Pep seems more in line with the 2nd echelon for me with the likes of Paisley, Wenger, Mourinho, Capello, Stein, LvG, del Bosque, Hiddink, Nicholson, Dalglish, Lobanovskyi
100% agree on this.

Back