• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Great work by Rashy and Garnacho

Two man press and takes advantage of a bad Matt Turner pass

1-1!

Late midfield run to top of the box works every god damn against United
These players never fucking learn
I hate them

The 6 second rule is just never enforced

Turner held that ball for 13 seconds after catching the corner kick

That’s not a penalty for me. Looked like a complete dive. Tough luck for burnley.
I thought the villa player actually died…seriously they had plenty of chances to go up 3-1 but tough luck to burnley on that penalty. They also missed a hand ball on a breakaway that foster almost put in… didn’t expect a card but should have been a free kick outside the box

good Spurs win. Injuries just will not stop it appears. looking forward to a slower paced January
Apparently a lovely halftime presentation for Hugo Lloris as he officially leaves the club

Donny van de Beek to Frankfurt on loan is confirmed. Apparently there is a small loan fee and Frankfurt are covering the vast majority of his wages with an option to make the move permanent in the summer.

Donny van de Beek to Frankfurt on loan is confirmed. Apparently there is a small loan fee and Frankfurt are covering the vast majority of his wages with an option to make the move permanent in the summer.

That’s a good bit of business by United. I imagine he does well in Frankfurt but he was in no position to overtake a starting role at United.

Yet the call stands. Totally fucked up. VAR would have overturned the call for 90% of the other teams in the league.
The whole outrage seems really silly to me given how dominant Liverpool was in the game. Liverpool's xG was over 7 and set some kind of a record apparently.

Anyway, my view is that it's a tough decision for the VAR to overturn because Dubravka did get a piece of Jota as he rounded him. Whether it was enough for him to go down is arguable but VAR's charge is to fix errors that are clear and obvious and there's too much grey for it to meet that standard.

More interesting about that play to me was Mac Allister's pass to Jota which was just gorgeous.

Back