• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

The whole outrage seems really silly to me given how dominant Liverpool was in the game. Liverpool's xG was over 7 and set some kind of a record apparently.

Anyway, my view is that it's a tough decision for the VAR to overturn because Dubravka did get a piece of Jota as he rounded him. Whether it was enough for him to go down is arguable but VAR's charge is to fix errors that are clear and obvious and there's too much grey for it to meet that standard.

More interesting about that play to me was Mac Allister's pass to Jota which was just gorgeous.
Same ref that overturned the Havertz call earlier in the season. Havertz saw more contact than Jota. This double standard/inconsistency (call it what you wish) is killing the game.

James Milner now tied with Giggs in second place for all-time PL appearances. 20 behind Gareth Barry with 652.

Same can be said for the lack of yellow to Joelinton for taking down Szobo. Every other match I’ve seen that occurs in was an immediate yellow, so… your argument on inconsistency fits, but to suggest Liverpool got favorable calls for being in the 10% is nonsense.

like BTB said. The way Var is used/defined is more the issue. It’s there for clear and obvious errors. The jota penalty was neither. Had the ref not called the penalty, var probably doesn’t do anything other than check complete.

Reactions: BTB
Steffen to the Rapids. I guess he can get minutes now, but I have to think City rated him they would have loaned him to NYCFC.

Rumor that Fenerbahce has submitted an €8 million bid for Martial. I really don't think that United should play too hard on this one. It's time for Tony to go.

Brentford at home, up a man for 81 minutes and they can only draw Wolves 1-1?

FA Cup magic as Maidstone United FC of the 6th division beat League 1 Stevenage. Love the crowd rushing the field.

Apparently Spurs are bringing in Tino Werner on a six month loan with option to buy. Low-risk move, I guess.

Awful move

Better Spurs than United tho. Dude is a jigsaw these days
I was so annoyed that United were even linked with him. He's shit.

Chelsea getting a home result against a Champions' League side would be big.

Awful move

Better Spurs than United tho. Dude is a jigsaw these days
I was so annoyed that United were even linked with him. He's shit.

We'll see. He's fast, which Ange will like. Nothing but salary invested so whatever.

No risk? Taking on big wages for a striker that has forgotten how to finish his chances. There is a reason RBL is loaning him out 6 months after buying him back. He's not the same player anymore.

Small risk, but there is a risk.

Back