• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Shaw out for up to 12 weeks

Fun!

And I'm only like 50/50 that Malacia is still alive. I'm gonna need him to hold up today's newspaper in a video as evidence.

Shaw out for up to 12 weeks

Fun!

And I'm only like 50/50 that Malacia is still alive. I'm gonna need him to hold up today's newspaper in a video as evidence.
I think that LB has to be the number one priority for United in the summer. Shaw has Martial levels of fitness and simply cannot be relied upon. When healthy he's probably the best English LB, but he's never fucking healthy. And even if Malacia is still alive, he isn't the answer. Time to move on from both.

Jota is out "for months". Nothing yet definitive on Jones other than he's out for Luton tomorrow. Jota and Jones have both been amongst Liverpool's most consistent performers this year.
Has Jota ever had a season where he wasn't out for months?

I think that LB has to be the number one priority for United in the summer. Shaw has Martial levels of fitness and simply cannot be relied upon. When healthy he's probably the best English LB, but he's never fucking healthy. And even if Malacia is still alive, he isn't the answer. Time to move on from both.
No disagreement from me apart from I'd make Shaw the backup LB and bring in a new top choice for the 3 spot.

Malacia was worth the gamble at just 11 or 12 million (whatever it was) but I do agree with you that he's a limited player. Could maybe get 20-25 back for him tho. He's shown he can play in the Prem to a decent level.

Hojlund out for 3 weeks now? Lame

so out now for United are Hojlund, Shaw, Martial, Martinez, Malacia, Wan-Bissaka, Mount. FUN!

I know they are going to put Rashy up top, but I'd like to see him kept left, Garnacho right, and bring up Victor Musa from the u18s. I know it isn't going to happen but that kid has the ability to terrify defenders if given the chance. Otherwise it is Rashy central, Garnacho left (I think he's better on the right), and Antony right with all his amazing cut-ins and curling shots to the far post that go 5 yards over the bar. I do love how Antony works on tracking back and helping his fullback but he is very frustrating to watch when United are in possession of the ball...

Now reports are that Alisson, Trent and Jones are all out until after the March international break. Hamstring injuries are such a pain in the ass with the schedule these guys play. Hopefully Salah is an outlier and can play 80% of the remaining games.

EXCUSE ME, timdunk, you interrupted me wallowing about my team's injury woes.

So rude...

Now reports are that Alisson, Trent and Jones are all out until after the March international break. Hamstring injuries are such a pain in the ass with the schedule these guys play. Hopefully Salah is an outlier and can play 80% of the remaining games.
Sounds like Nunez, Salah and Szoboszlai are all close to returning.

EXCUSE ME, timdunk, you interrupted me wallowing about my team's injury woes.

So rude...

Thiago’s 15 minute cameo (probably the last of his Liverpool career) and subsequent injury shelving put me into wallow mode. Also Bajcetic needs the growing pains to end quick because with Endo turning a massive corner (he’s good now!) and Curtis Jones steady improvement there might not be many minutes for him.

Hojlund out for 3 weeks now? Lame

so out now for United are Hojlund, Shaw, Martial, Martinez, Malacia, Wan-Bissaka, Mount. FUN!

I know they are going to put Rashy up top, but I'd like to see him kept left, Garnacho right, and bring up Victor Musa from the u18s. I know it isn't going to happen but that kid has the ability to terrify defenders if given the chance. Otherwise it is Rashy central, Garnacho left (I think he's better on the right), and Antony right with all his amazing cut-ins and curling shots to the far post that go 5 yards over the bar. I do love how Antony works on tracking back and helping his fullback but he is very frustrating to watch when United are in possession of the ball...
I'd rather see Rash-McSauce-Garnacho than Garnacho-Rash-Antony.

Fulham started the better side. United ended the half as the better side. Surprised it's scoreless still as there were some good chances for both teams

Yeah, that was a horseshit call. Like they were looking for a reason to disallow the goal.

It was the right call. I didn't realize it was called on Endo being offside until they mentioned that at halftime.

Back