• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Completely agree with this but the FA/PL has never shown themselves to be bastions of common sense decision making
I think they should deduct city like 3 points in the final minute of their last match to hand the title to someone else…. It would be the anti- “aggggguuueeeerrrooooo!”

Will be a fun 2 months to watch. Great race this year. Hoping Arsenal plays well and doesn't lay a terd like last year but City should be the favorite for sure....

Arsenal have the experience from last season to use for this one so the moment won't be too much for them, I believe. Their side reminds me a lot of the Man United 05/06 side that was a rebuild from the late 90s and early 2000s team. It was very young and those players didn't know how to stick the knife in to win the big ones, but they learned in that 05/06 season and came out and won 06/07 despite that Chelsea side being very, very good.

I think Arsenal is using the disappointment of last season as a springboard for this one and they bring it home. In fact, I think City end up 3rd with Liverpool giving their all for Klopp in his last season at the club.

If Arsenal get bounced by Bayern I could see it. If not I think it's going to be too much, none of their remaining road games (Wolves, Spurs, United) are gimmies.

Though that crowd for Arsenal @ United in the penultimate game could be interesting if an Arsenal win would deny City or Pool another title

If Arsenal get bounced by Bayern I could see it. If not I think it's going to be too much, none of their remaining road games (Wolves, Spurs, United) are gimmies.

Though that crowd for Arsenal @ United in the penultimate game could be interesting if an Arsenal win would deny City or Pool another title
Team OG in that scenario!

I’m of the opposite thinking. Losing to Bayern might expose some cracks in the confidence.

We've also got some new financial restrictions rules coming into place:

"Under the proposed new regime, clubs will only be allowed to spend a set percentage of their annual turnover on the wage bill for the first team and its coaching staff, plus the amortised costs of their transfer fees and all agents’ fees.

Amortisation is how transfers are accounted for in club’s financial reports, with the cost of acquiring players, including fee and salary, spread out over the length of their contracts.

The major difference, however, between the Premier League and UEFA regulations will be that they will operate a two-tier system, with clubs playing in European competition only able to spend 70 per cent of their turnover, while clubs not competing in Europe able to spend 85 per cent."

Looked complacent and flat. Deserved to lose.

Back