• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

I had a 30+ min conversation with ILDeac about the Stones situation earlier this week. Without him, Distin, or Alcaraz, we are exceptionally thin at CB. Neither Browning nor Galloway seem ready quite yet. With some of the $ we get from the Stones sale (and Everton is good at squeezing money out of big clubs for our players), we could go get one or even two class CBs, but it's still pretty thin there even if you think Jags has a few good years left in him.

An option becomes moving Barry to CB. He has no speed or quickness left in his legs, but he's still got good positional sense and can tackle.

It is only a matter of time before y'all sign Evans by all indications. With Chelsea wanting Stones, I'm guessing they see him and Zouma as their CB pairing for the future, so I wonder if you could talk them into letting y'all sign Cahill? He'd immediately be your best CB if that somehow happened.

I know Azpilicueta is more of a full back, but I'd rather have him than Cahill. Probably a super unpopular opinion, but I love Azpi.

Arsenal goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny has agreed to join Roma on a season-long loan, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Sky sources understand the Gunners and the Serie A club are in talks over a possible loan deal for the Poland international.

I like moving either Baines or Coleman into the MF, actually. We tried Baines out at LM a couple times this season and put Garbutt back at LB (and Oviedo once too, I think). Baines was really good there, but we missed his work defensively.

I also can't see TNSSO selling Azpi. Was a regular starter for the title winners last season. Couple that with Felipe Luis about to go back to Atletico and there's not a lot left behind Azpi at LB.

Judging by his jeans, I think Benteke just painted the crest that he is pointing our direction towards. Pretty damn good, Christian! Bravo!

CKizL0gWoAM7IT8.jpg

"Paris St-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 33, says his future is in his agent's hands amid speculation linking him with a move to Manchester United. (Sky Sports)"

dv7 :jerkit:

So it's confirmed: Vidal to Bayern

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...o-vidal-joining-bayern-munich-germans-confirm

I'm digging this move as it would seem to give Pep the ability to through yet another wrinkle into his formations since Vidal plays so different from Pep's prototypical player. I guess you play Robben, Lewandowski, Mueller/Ribery up front, Alonso, Thiago, Vidal behind them and then the defense..?

As long as his knee holds up that is an amazing signing by Bayern. Oh, and no more drunk driving either, Arturo.

Any Spurs rumors ipity?

I am getting bored, though like the Alderweireld signing.

Back