• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Benfica sell Garay to Zenit for only 6 mil Euros! Why so cheap?

http://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi2004/emitentes/docs/FR50998.pdf

Ahhhh, this explains it:

30 mil for a 24 year old midfielder (25 in August) that has never been capped by the Spanish NT and only had five appearances for the U23 team? I know Spain have a very talented midfield but 30 mil???

Man United's whole midfield created 62 chances last season, while Herrera created 54, just 8 less.

Porto midfielder Fernando has completed his move to Man City. [Various sources]

Porto midfielder Fernando has completed his move to Man City. [Various sources]

Porto confirm it. 15 mil Euros.

Bq_1XkwIgAAyvzP.jpg

Shaw got bumped to 40mil? Damn.

And Puma is apparently pressuring us to sign Balotelli (Suarez 2.0).

"Manchester United are refusing to pay over the odds for England left-back Luke Shaw, 18, after Southampton upped his price tag to £40m." Manchester Evening News

"Manchester United are refusing to pay over the odds for England left-back Luke Shaw, 18, after Southampton upped his price tag to £40m." Manchester Evening News

hahaha

The club should have just paid the extra 5 mil before the World Cup started and gotten their man then. Offered 25, Southampton countered with 30, we should have said DEAL! and locked him up.

Now Southampton are going to drag this on for a bit, it seems. Shaw may need to hand in a transfer request.

Very excited about the Herrera signing. Quality young player; think he has a chance to be special. I'm a bit concerned about his ability to adapt to the physicality and pace of the BPL. Hopefully he should be a good box to box player to complement what's already at OT. However I'm still praying that he's not a Veron

Herrera has never shirked away from a tackle, so I'm not worried about his ability to mix it up physically at all.

While that may be true; the bottom teams in Spain try to play football and not play it like a Tony Pulis coached team.

MASSIVE transfer news:

Liam Ridgwell has signed with Portland.

I know everyone was waiting with baited breath to see where he would land.

Everyone named Liam is a Portland fan.

Back