• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

I've been seeing the Reus to Atletico rumors all week and the rumored fee is 27 mil Euros + 5-8 mil in add ons. I just refuse to believe that the bigger clubs in Europe wouldn't have been all over him at that price.

I hope Man Utd can make good on a new signing or two in defense. I just don't think there is anyone out there that can make an instant impact; there just aren't that many quality central defenders out there to be had. Hummels isn't going to move. Blind is more of a rotation/fill in the gap player. Plus, I don't rate Benatia that highly plus he'll be gone for 3 weeks for ACON. Who can Woodward and Utd move in for? I'm really not sure.

I hope Man Utd can make good on a new signing or two in defense. I just don't think there is anyone out there that can make an instant impact; there just aren't that many quality central defenders out there to be had. Hummels isn't going to move. Blind is more of a rotation/fill in the gap player. Plus, I don't rate Benatia that highly plus he'll be gone for 3 weeks for ACON. Who can Woodward and Utd move in for? I'm really not sure.

I'd be on the phone with Roma to see if they were willing to cash in on Mehdi Banatia after a year there. Give them twice what they paid for him (so ... 25m Euros or so) and I think they'd do it. Not to mention Benatia has been grumbling about his contract already.

I think he's a fantastic player, and probably the best CB "available".

Omar Gonzalez is probably cheap...

Jesus. Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a player that just cost 40 million!

Some background: United did spend a long time looking at Eliaquim Mangala, Manchester City’s new signing, but concluded that £32m, with hefty agent fees on top, was too much for a centre-half one of the people involved in the process has described (without it necessarily meaning to sound like an insult) as a “cross between Joseph Yobo and Jean‑Alain Boumsong”.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...l-ronald-koeman-manchester-united-southampton

Rues to AM doesn't make a ton of sense considering they just bought Antoine griezmann

I am alone in thinking Reus is a top 20 player in the world with the potential of being a top 5 player in the world? I wouldn't give a damn who is on my team already, I would sign Marco Reus for 50 million easy right now if I was rich enough to own a club.

100% Agree with you. I think he's been absolutely brilliant for Dortmund. I think he would have been the best player at the World Cup this summer had he not hurt his ankle. I think he's the most dynamic attacker present in Bundesliga and at 25 he's still capable of growing more as a player.

I am alone in thinking Reus is a top 20 player in the world with the potential of being a top 5 player in the world? I wouldn't give a damn who is on my team already, I would sign Marco Reus for 50 million easy right now if I was rich enough to own a club.

You're not alone. Given his age and his talent, he'd be worth every bit of that.

Here's a fun fact! From the Premier League down to League Two, only Exeter City have made less signings this summer than Manchester United.

Back