• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Winter Transfer Thread 2013 (NWT)

Oh, and there's already been an actual confirmed transfer:

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial
We have reached agreement for the transfer of Cudicini to @MLS side @LAGalaxy. We wish Carlo the best for the future: bit.ly/UhlDa5

Carlo Cudicini @Capitancarloc
I'd like to thank THFC and the supporters for the 3 years we spent together.Your support has been incredible.I wish you all the very best.

Carlo Cudicini has been sold by Tottenham to the L.A Galaxy, ending one of the stranger PL careers I can remember. He basically sat the bench for most of his career (from 2004 on at Chelsea and then later at Tottenham) all while he would have been a top 10 keeper in the league if he played elsewhere ... but he never showed any desire to move and be a #1 again. The Daily Telegraph called him Football's Least Ambitious player all the way back in 2008, and he's been a #2 ever since then too.

He was terrific early in his career at Chelsea, and had some huge moments later in his career as a backup ( including this ridiculous save against Berbatov while still at Chelsea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smoQILVt9_U ) and he was the keeper for Spurs thrashing of Inter Milan in the Champions League.

On the whole though, just a very weird PL career for him.

Realistic:

I really want to see Terrence Boyd to Liverpool
Zusi could also play for a bottom 10 EPL team
Maybe Omar Gonzalez but I don't know if England is his fit

Just dreaming:

MB4 to United
Donovan to Everton (prolonging retirement)
Agudelo to anywhere really

Donovan to Everton ain't happening, I'm afr
aid.

Altidore to Chelsea?

Strongest rumors I've heard are Butland to Pool and Bent to Everton. Heitinga reportedly wants out.

Arsenal reportedly put in a 10 mil£ bid for Baines, which is a laugh.

Later, Carlo. Thanks for the time.

Wonder if Spurs will go after Moutinho again or if we've been priced out by now.

Altidore to Chelsea?

That's an interesting one. As much as I'd love to see him on the defending CL winners, I don't want him getting caught up in their never ending BS thus stunting his development.

Reading sign Sporting Lisbon's captain Daniel Carrico. Can play either center mid or center back, two major areas of need (especially the former). Has been linked to City, United and Chelsea in the past.

Lot of excitement around this one, hopefully he can slot in starting manana

Terrence Boyd to Liverpool is realistic? Ok

first I've heard of it, would be pretty damn surprising.

Sturridge still looks to be happening, and will likely be announced immediately.

Joe Cole being linked to QPR, and we are apparently shopping Henderson around if we can get 8m for him (not sure why)

Has the talk of letting Downing leave this winter disappeared at this point?

Has the talk of letting Downing leave this winter disappeared at this point?

I'm sure we would for the right price, but Enrique's injury leaves a big hole at LB. And to be fair to Downing, he has played well over the past 4-5 weeks, both at LB and LM. Rodgers doesn't seem to think that highly of our youth LBs, so we only really have Glen Johnson for the position (and our RB replacements are both hurt)

The Liverpool interest in Boyd rumors have been around for the past few weeks. Seems like it started on an English blog, though it's popped up a few other places. Probably nothing, but I don't think it's crazy as a young backup.

Seems highly unlikely to me. I like Boyd plenty but assuming for a second he's good enough, is he really a good fit for Rodgers' system?

That's an interesting one. As much as I'd love to see him on the defending CL winners, I don't want him getting caught up in their never ending BS thus stunting his development.

Just the fact that Altidore and Chelsea are even being mentioned in the same sentence is mind boggling. Exciting, but mind boggling.

Seems highly unlikely to me. I like Boyd plenty but assuming for a second he's good enough, is he really a good fit for Rodgers' system?

Yeah I wasn't really considering how he'd fit into that style. Rodgers seems to like 6' or shorter quick players, so probably not ideal.

Back