• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tour Championship

That was the best recovery shot I've ever seen.

Couples is really in a tight spot on Tuesday. I've been very vocal that Bradley should be the pick, but nutting up and winning a playoff for $10M with some world class short game execution definitely gives Couples cover if he picks Haas. Nobody can claim nepotism on this one. Haas earned it.

Haas deserves it just as much as Bradley, and I wish both could be picked.

Tiger could do a world of good to his image if he bowed out and allowed Couples to pick both.

So Tiger hiring a new caddy is worthy of a headline on espn.com but Bill winning the FedEx Cup isn't. Go figure.

In other news, Tiger just stole Dustin Johnson's caddie. That should go over well in the locker room at the President's Cup.

Tiger could do a world of good to his image if he bowed out and allowed Couples to pick both.

I kind of disagree with this.

Within the golf community, yes, probably. However, if he backed out, I think the talking heads would put a negative spin on it. Something to the tune of not wanting to compete in a team environment, not being willing to step up to the challenge, etc.

I kind of disagree with this.

Within the golf community, yes, probably. However, if he backed out, I think the talking heads would put a negative spin on it. Something to the tune of not wanting to compete in a team environment, not being willing to step up to the challenge, etc.

I disagree. I think the golf media would give Tiger a ton of credit for finally showing a little humility.

We all know it's not going to happen, so it really doesn't matter anyway. I was one of the people who was upset Couples picked Tiger because it tied his hands if someone got hot at the end of the year, and now he's going to have to leave a very deserving player off the team.

I disagree. I think the golf media would give Tiger a ton of credit for finally showing a little humility.

We all know it's not going to happen, so it really doesn't matter anyway. I was one of the people who was upset Couples picked Tiger because it tied his hands if someone got hot at the end of the year, and now he's going to have to leave a very deserving player off the team.

Agreed that the golf community (including golf commentators) would give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm talking about the ESPN PTI, Around the Horn, as well as newspapers and other media outlets outside of the golf experts/golf community.

If given the opportunity for a newspaper to run something positive about Tiger or negative, it's a pretty easy answer which they'd choose.

Just watched Bill's press conference, he is the man. Had some very funny and candid comments about his performance and battling nerves down the stretch. Incredibly likeable guy/family (not that this is news). Thrilled for him.

That was the best recovery shot I've ever seen.

Couples is really in a tight spot on Tuesday. I've been very vocal that Bradley should be the pick, but nutting up and winning a playoff for $10M with some world class short game execution definitely gives Couples cover if he picks Haas. Nobody can claim nepotism on this one. Haas earned it.

Haas deserves it just as much as Bradley, and I wish both could be picked.

Tiger's inclusion is a joke, and he really should bow out if Couples' doesn't have the sack to admit he was wrong.

Haas cost himself some $ on the back nine last week as well as a Pres Cup spot. Would be nice to see him play well to give Couples something to think about for the last Captain's pick, although he probably has to win to get it IMO. Despite Jay being an Assist. Captn.

"Buttermade" I'd say. Great call.

Tiger's inclusion is a joke, and he really should bow out if Couples' doesn't have the sack to admit he was wrong.

And theres going to be a ton of pressure on Tiger to prove the selection wasn't a waste. If he tanks at the President's Cup people are going to rip him and Couples for leaving either Bradley or Haas off.

If Couples left the FedEx Cup champion off the PC squad that would be embarrassing for the PGA. I'm guessing Freddie got a text from Finchem tonight telling him who the 12th man would be.

Stricker has a MRI in a couple of days that might open up another slot

Stricker has a MRI in a couple of days that might open up another slot

It might, and I hope it doesn't because Couples doesn't deserve to be bailed out so easily on this.

John Maginnes had a decent suggestion tonight: Put Haas on the team and invite Bradley as a non-playing team member,like Faldo did with Kaymer at the '08 Ryder Cup.

Back