• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tourney Time: WF v. ND - Tuesday 7 pm ACCN

We are so bad. I'm not really sure what Forbes has done this year that separates him from our previous coaches, other than not be them. Our team did NOT get better this year. It got worse. Watching our offensive sets the last 8 minutes was depressing and not that different from previous years.

We are so bad. I'm not really sure what Forbes has done this year that separates him from our previous coaches, other than not be them. Our team did NOT get better this year. It got worse. Watching our offensive sets the last 8 minutes was depressing and not that different from previous years.

Covid. Fuck off

Not sure this is completely fair. It’s like calling out a teacher because most of the class got smarter over the year but not the retarded kid. We are the retarded kid.

Mike Brey said twice in the postgame interview that Wake had a "home crowd". I guess that's true in a sense, but fuck him.

And he was going at the lamed dude. Williamson had been money all night driving against bigger players, but he pulled up way too early instead of going to the rim

Yeah that made no sense. We haven't exactly been strong inbounding the ball this year, we had plenty of time, running down the clock and putting it in Williamson's hands for an iso isn't some insane coaching move. Plus we're tied, not down. I guess Williamson thought he felt contact and tried to just go up? It wasn't really a shot attempt, and by cutting off the drive early it gave them 2 more seconds and a perfectly clean block which kinda ended up being important.

Kinda looked like your basic tired player choking, to be honest.

Well at least this game got our hopes up. Maybe we can have hope going forward.

Only Wake could blow a 16 pt. lead---hold ball for last shot--get it blocked on hero ball--then lose on a 35 footer-----------typical season ending or season like always

Three quick thoughts, 2 of which will not be popular:
1. Fuck Prentiss Hubb straight to hell. Did anyone else not catch him flipping off the Wake fans after the last shot?
2. Wake flat out choked that game away. Sure we were at a talent deficit, but ending the game by giving up a 17-2 run? Pathetic. Too many missed shots at the rim and terrible final possession. And please don't give me the "tired legs, COVID pause" excuse. Overall for the season, sure. For this game...just a terrible choke.
3. I hope UNC beats these assholes by 40 tomorrow night. Yeah, I know you never root for Carolina, but damn do I hate Notre Dame. Fuck Prentiss Hubb and fuck Mike Brey. And fuck Cormac Ryan, guy with the whitest name of all time.

Last edited:

You could probably count on one hand the number of fans who got their hopes up during this game. You’ve been around long enough. You knew, right?

I like Forbes but he may need 10 years to get us out of purgatory. It must be asked. Have we hit rock bottom yet?

I.don't know, going to need a whole lot more talent and Forbes has lost some of the honeymoon phase lately. I mean when you've got a team up 16 in the 2nd half and the odds are at best you'll end up winning, that's bad.

That’s how you do it, that’s how you lose.

Amazing. Kinda reminded me a the Virginia game where they banked in the 3.

Told creamy when we were up 14 that we were gonna lose this for sure.

No call on Wake's last shot when shooter knocked down.

Severe lack of talent. We played hard but if you aren't hitting 3's and have no inside game it is a matter of time. Can't have Massoud soaking up that many minutes without Ody in there. Muscius and Massoud were not good second half- DuBose kind of disappeared. Whitt played a nice game as did Williamson but not much else in the second half.

2 points in the final 7:19 after ND switched to man

WF's long tradition of losing on buzzer-beaters (but never winning on one) continues

Three quick thoughts, 2 of which will not be popular:
1. Fuck Prentiss Hubb straight to hell. Did anyone else not catch him flipping off the Wake fans after the last shot?
2. Wake flat out choked that game away. Sure we were at a talent deficit, but ending the game by giving up a 17-2 run? Pathetic. Too many missed shots at the rim and terrible final possession. And please don't give me the "tired legs, COVID pause" excuse. Overall for the season, sure. For this game...just a terrible choke.
3. I hope UNC beats these assholes by 40 tomorrow night. Yeah, I now you never root for Carolina, but damn do I hate Notre Dame. Fuck Prentiss Hubb and fuck Mike Brey. And fuck Cormac Ryan, guy with the whitest name of all time.

Yeah, I hate UNC, but I hope they run ND out of the gym

So, painfully rewatching that last play - it's hard to complain about the setup. Massoud had the kid with the broken leg on him, he picked for Williamson and we forced the switch and Williamson pulled it back out with like 8 on the shot clock and their injured slow defender on him. Maybe Forbes calls timeout if we don't get the switch, but you can't ask for a better matchup than that.

There's just no reason for Williamson to pull up at the free throw line there. None. It was just awful execution after the kid hit some huge shots for us.

Back