• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Towson tells Maryland to shove it (NWT)

ZDeac

Reaction score
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ns-to-stubhub/2011/09/19/gIQAzECbfK_blog.html

This is awesome and should happen more often to schools that can't support their face ticket price. MD gave Towson their allotment of tickets and they were priced at $38. Tickets in better locations were available for a lot less on StubHub and other online retailers (as low as $4), so Towson returned the tickets to MD and told their fans to get them other ways.

I know we've often talked about buying through the Wake ticket office to support the athletic department (usually more of an issue for bowl games, as I don't think the school actually pays for the allotment at regular season away games), but I love that the Towson athletic department decided to "support" their fans and told MD thanks but no thanks for tickets at $38.

Edsall was head coach at UCONN, and Towson's Head Coach was under him there. The coaches probably dont care, but I do know that Edsall stole the head academic advisor from Towson because they had so many kids that were on the verge of academic ineligability. The stories I heard about MD were frightening.

Back