• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TP Twin City Ribfest (9-12 June)

ribfest.jpg

Did you get my PM? Can't make it this year....baby sitting.

Yeah, I did. You should still come out for a while to hang out on Saturday though. Bring the kiddos, it'll be a good time.

Will be arriving at 3pm on Friday afternoon. I'll be grilling something Friday afternoon, what I'm not sure of yet. Looking forward to spending some quality time there.

Its Ribfest week! They've added a few new things this year, including the Jim Beam tastings and a lot more vendors. Starts up Thursday, but the real fun is going to be Saturday!

So can you give a newbie a rundown of what all happens at this?

I see that there is obviously food for sale, and apparently bourbon tasting. Obviously I like eating a drinking. But what does Ribfest offer that will keep the wife and I entertained all Saturday afternoon?

So can you give a newbie a rundown of what all happens at this?

I see that there is obviously food for sale, and apparently bourbon tasting. Obviously I like eating a drinking. But what does Ribfest offer that will keep the wife and I entertained all Saturday afternoon?

+1

curious what this is all about

Its $7 to get in and parking is free. They have professional pitmasters that sell ribs, brisket, chicken, pork, and turkey. They also have different local vendors who sell their items and there are rides and games for the kids. Its like a smaller version of a fair in all honesty. Saturday is the day of the Amateur Competition, which myself and Tuffalo will be competing with 19 other teams for the best ribs. There is also a main stage that has music throughout the day.

Its $7 to get in and parking is free. They have professional pitmasters that sell ribs, brisket, chicken, pork, and turkey. They also have different local vendors who sell their items and there are rides and games for the kids. Its like a smaller version of a fair in all honesty. Saturday is the day of the Amateur Competition, which myself and Tuffalo will be competing with 19 other teams for the best ribs. There is also a main stage that has music throughout the day.

can i eat these?

DV7 and SCD are on my team too!!!! They are BAWSES, but SCD skipped practice!!!!! How can I get better without my teammates????

Has Racer entered?
I dont think he entered this year.

can i eat these?

If there are extras sure. Last year since I had extra room on my smoker, they had me cook the leftover ribs for the main stage act, and there was plenty left over. We feasted, and gave some away to people leaving. Not sure if there will be extras this year, but if so then you are more than welcome to.

I dont think he entered this year.

If there are extras sure. Last year since I had extra room on my smoker, they had me cook the leftover ribs for the main stage act, and there was plenty left over. We feasted, and gave some away to people leaving. Not sure if there will be extras this year, but if so then you are more than welcome to.

sweet, sounds like a great time. i'll probably gather some kids and try to hit it up.

Its a great time regardless. I love these types of festivals. Hopefully either Tuffalo or myself will pull in some hardware again this year. I'd love to have Deacons sweep the podium. Last year, we got the best sauce and the other team that won the best ribs and overall was a surgeon at Forsyth.

I am hoping to go to Ribfest this year. I've never been before. I also might actually have a rib, which I've decided I don't like because I ate one once, and it was awful. try again, try again...

Back