• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trailers for Movies You Want to See

Loki hunting Kongs, ya'll:

13737704_1131385203571930_1443823019273034965_o.jpg

Yeah. That was weird to say the least. Didn't realize it was getting Oscar buzz.

I've never seen Nick Kroll in a serious role.

I watched the whole thing hoping to get a better look and then went to IMDb just to make sure.

Hard to believe the Lovings haven't been made into a movie yet. My girl Ruth Negga is making moves.

I was wary of that after Peter Jackson's "bleh" Kong, but Sam Jackson + Goodman + Hiddleston + Larson + John C. Reilly is a formula for a movie I want to see, doubly so for King Kong.

Yeah, it continues the trend of handing major franchises to younger up and coming directors, which has been largely hit with the occasional miss (holy Fantastic Four), but I'd bet the script was rock solid with that cast signing on.

I'm surprised The Free State of Jones is already at our local $3 theater. If it made it there that quickly, I'm not sure it's even worth the Sunday $1.50 admission price.

Something for Stuka fans

From Wikipedia re the Stuka:

Upon the leading edges of its faired main gear legs were mounted the Jericho-Trompete ("Jericho trumpet") wailing sirens, becoming the propaganda symbol of German air power and the blitzkrieg victories of 1939–1942. The Stuka's design included several innovative features, including automatic pull-up dive brakes under both wings to ensure that the aircraft recovered from its attack dive even if the pilot blacked out from the high g-forces.

Interesting story (to me). My father was an instructor in a program to teach Luftwaffe veterans how to fly NATO aircraft as there was a shortage of pilots to counter the Soviet threat in Europe. One older student was an excellent flyer but literally never remembered to pull up the gear and "clean up" on take off. My father finally chided him harshly and in a heavy German accent the pilot replied "Damn Damn Damn...in the Stuka we no pull up the fucking wheels!!!" Dad always recalled that as a a funny but creepy moment.

Back