• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trans Women in Women's Sports: Yea or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. I’m not sure what media you follow, but I’ve never seen the trans swimmer say anything but I’ve seen a bunch of people getting famous by talking about her.

What is it about people like you who don’t understand most people, especially marginalized people just want to be left alone? They just want be true to themselves and do what makes them happy without bigots politicizing their lives.

Weird. I’m not sure what media you follow...
Unlike many OGB posters, I always clearly cite my sources. Review my posts and you can see what media I follow. I hope they meet with your approval, professor, but if they don't, then I don't give a fuck. :rolleyes:

Feel free to respond to the rest of my post.

not on this thread. He's been posting, pretty much alone, on this thread. no need to take it anywhere else. It's just devolving into an argument in an environment that will get toxic quickly.
I thought it was about NIL and Pay for Play but he brings up an article about trans swimmers. Nobody is supposed to respond to him with their opinion on it?

I thought it was about NIL and Pay for Play but he brings up an article about trans swimmers. Nobody is supposed to respond to him with their opinion on it?

You obviously did not read the article that I linked to and summarized. (Or maybe did not understand it-sorry if it was beyond your grade level in reading).

I did not "bring up an article about trans swimmers."

The intent of the linked article and my post about it was to point out how the NCAA's rules on trans women participating in women's sports decrease the already low probability of Congress riding to the rescue of the NCAA with legislation that would exempt the NCAA from antitrust law and define college athletes as students and not employees. Until PhDeac sidetracked the thread with his derogatory comment about Riley Gaines I did not say anything either for or against the participation of trans women in women's sports:

A group of current and former female swimmers has filed a federal lawsuit against the NCAA to stop it from allowing athletes born male to compete as women. Whatever one thinks about the pros and cons of allowing former males to compete as females, the NCAA's stance on the issue will not help it get the relief it wants from Congress. Though the issues of rules on trans athletes and antitrust relief for the NCAA are not directly related, there are members of Congress (mostly on the right) who will oppose helping the NCAA with anything as long as the NCAA allows trans women like Thomas to compete in women's sports. Anything could happen but right now it looks like another "L" for the NCAA.

As Windy pointed out, PhDeac never misses "...a chance to side swipe those he disagrees with politically…even on the sports board." I did not "change the subject to posting about a new subject"-PhDeac did that. He does that even when no one in the thread has made or quoted a political statement. It's tiresome, egotistical, boring and rude to do that.

He also unjustly impugned the character of Riley Gaines and those who agree with her position on trans women in sports by calling her a grifter, i.e. a swindler, a con artist. Riley Gaines and other who oppose the participation have a sincerely held belief on the topic and they are using the same legal and political processes that those who oppose them use in support of their position. BTW, A 2023 Gallup poll shows that 69% of Americans agree with Riley Gaines.

I did not want to see this thread get derailed but I reserve the right to respond when someone deliberately derails a thread with a political comment. ("If someone posts something, you’re entitled to respond.") PhDeac clearly fired the first shot and I chose to fire back by stating that I think Thomas is the real grifter.

If people really want to discuss the issue of trans women in women's sports, feel free to start a new thread in the The Tunnels forum-that's the proper place for it.

how naive do you have to be to not expect political comments in response to an extraordinarily political topic?

Weird. I’m not sure what media you follow, but I’ve never seen the trans swimmer say anything but I’ve seen a bunch of people getting famous by talking about her.

What is it about people like you who don’t understand most people, especially marginalized people just want to be left alone? They just want be true to themselves and do what makes them happy without bigots politicizing their lives.
Capt continues to provide evidence of this point. You chose to quote a poorly-formed political point inserted into a sports discussion. Then you get mad when you got called out on it.

Thomas is just trying to swim. People like you, Gaines, etc. make political hay out of it Thomas to draw attention to yourselves. You all use really warped logic to present yourselves as the victim of someone just living their life. So it's disingenuous to claim Thomas is more of a grifter than the attention seekers.

What's crazy here is you seem to be in favor of NIL and athletes' rights. But you want the hammer to come down on trans athletes.

Also doesn’t belong on the tunnels because it’s not political it’s sports turned political because of shitbags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back