• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transfer Predictions

TripleDeac21

Reaction score
Ok folks. Who ya got as jumping ship in the off-season for much greener pastures on a team that actually has some semblance of coaching and gives a sh*t about winning.

My money is on Wright and Brown.

What say you?? Here’s to “Newer Beginnings 2K19”!!

This is a silly and insulting thread for the players.

If Manning is here next year, I would expect Chill to be the only starter to return. You may get a few other players that have few options. Probably could get decommits as well.

If Manning were let go today, I think there is a reasonable chance to keep everyone.

The longer this disaster goes on, the more we will lose.

The players see that no one cares.

Not really. We lost 8 last year and none were seniors.

This year is playing out quite a bit worse. It is a natural discussion to have if your eyes are open.

I can think of very little that is sillier or more insulting than continuing your association with this absolute dumpster fire of a program as it currently stands. I like a lot of these guys. I hope that they do well elsewhere, but we're no longer college basketball purgatory. This is seventh layer inferno right'chere.

I'm not going to guess individual players but I expect a sizable chunk of the roster will explore other options after this season if Manning returns. If he is gone, I expect that number decreases quite a bit, assuming a semi-competent hire.

Hoard won't transfer. He may try to play professionally, but it would be silly for him to sit out a full year given his NBA aspirations and 'potential'

If players are mentally checked out, they may be exploring their options, especially Hoard and Sarr. Firing Manning now would give them some reason to think it terms of building something this season.

I think this is where having international ties hurts us. Makes playing professionally overseas more palatable when things aren’t working out in the states as hoped.

I think this is where having international ties hurts us. Makes playing professionally overseas more palatable when things aren’t working out in the states as hoped.

this is a new one

I can think of very little that is sillier or more insulting than continuing your association with this absolute dumpster fire of a program as it currently stands. I like a lot of these guys. I hope that they do well elsewhere, but we're no longer college basketball purgatory. This is seventh layer inferno right'chere.

What I don't like is talking about individual players leaving. It will get back to them. Let them play and decide.

With the exception of grad transfers, we haven't lost any top player to transfer.

If Manning is here next year, I would expect Chill to be the only starter to return. You may get a few other players that have few options. Probably could get decommits as well.

If Manning were let go today, I think there is a reasonable chance to keep everyone.

The longer this disaster goes on, the more we will lose.

The players see that no one cares.

Judging from the scores, I'm not even sure the players care that nobody cares.

What I don't like is talking about individual players leaving. It will get back to them. Let them play and decide.

With the exception of grad transfers, we haven't lost any top player to transfer.

Donovan Mitchell would probably be our sixth man this year if he hadn't transferred.

That's possible, but he hadn't played much before leaving.

talking about transfers before they happened used to feel kind of sketchy and dirty but nowadays with they way kids transfer at the drop of a hat makes it a legit conversation.

talking about transfers before they happened used to feel kind of sketchy and dirty but nowadays with they way kids transfer at the drop of a hat makes it a legit conversation.

also having a dumpster fire of program makes it sensible planning

also having a dumpster fire of program makes it sensible planning

And most kids want to play on a team where they can get minutes as well as have a chance to play in postseason. The latter is no longer even a remote possibility with DM at the helm and I think all the kids can see that.

Back