• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

The only plot here is conservatives don't like anything that challenges their selfishly narrow worldview.

As for this specific situation I'm inclined to be understanding of such a big change for those directly involved. Not so much for the mtg's of the world. Its private so none of their business.

This is some awful shit right here.

Have you read the facts of this case?

'Our coach just really likes winning. He's like most coaches. I think secretly everyone just knows it's the wrong thing to do.'

Schnur did not respond to DailyMail.com's request for comment. He lists his pronouns as 'he, him, his' on his UPenn biography page.

'On paper, if Lia Thomas gets back down to Will Thomas' best times, those numbers are female world records. Faster than all the times [Olympic swimmer] Katie Ledecky went in college. Faster than any other Olympian you can think of. His times in three events are [female] world records.'

---

There is some well-founded skepticism whether this swimmer has complied with the requirements to be eligible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Schnur is the coach. He lists his pronouns as he/him/his. The anonymous teammate also misgenders Thomas just like you did.

so you guys think she's being performative to...checks notes....win races against women but will someday turn out to have not 'truly' transitioned?

"Hey, remember when i pretended to be a GIRL so i could BEAT THEM at the lucrative sport of swimming!"

also, i thought anonymous sources were all bullshit fake news

so you guys think she's being performative to...checks notes....win races against women but will someday turn out to have not 'truly' transitioned?

"Hey, remember when i pretended to be a GIRL so i could BEAT THEM at the lucrative sport of swimming!"

also, i thought anonymous sources were all bullshit fake news

That depends. Who is getting owned?

someone makes a bad dog eating joke and you fucking cry like my 2 yr old but you'll waddle around here trashing trans people

wild stuff

Whoa, I’m not trashing trans people.

I will trash the coach for putting his pronouns out there tho.

Breaking News: Male swimmer accomplishes childhood dream of dominating women’s swimming competitions for basically no financial compensation and intense social derision

The only plot here is conservatives don't like anything that challenges their selfishly narrow worldview.

As for this specific situation I'm inclined to be understanding of such a big change for those directly involved. Not so much for the mtg's of the world. Its private so none of their business.

Pretty much this…

Whether people want to admit it or not, this is a real problem that needs a solution - "this" being what to do about trans women that want to continue competing. And I don't know the answer, but the current situation doesn't seem right. I feel for her and understand she wants to compete - but what do you do about the other women on her team and on other teams in the conference that also want a chance to compete - and to be competitive? Who is looking out for their rights?
This makes a mockery of female swimming records and will eventually do the same thing in other sports.

Remember when all these American dudes were upset about a trans New Zealand weight lifter, and then she failed to even qualify for the medal round at the Olympics. Something must be done!

Whether people want to admit it or not, this is a real problem that needs a solution - "this" being what to do about trans women that want to continue competing. And I don't know the answer, but the current situation doesn't seem right. I feel for her and understand she wants to compete - but what do you do about the other women on her team and on other teams in the conference that also want a chance to compete - and to be competitive? Who is looking out for their rights?
This makes a mockery of female swimming records and will eventually do the same thing in other sports.

The current situation is that sometimes people are just better athletes than the people they compete against. Should Michael Phelps have been banned from competition because his body was just better at swimming than his competitors?

Learning how to handle defeat is a pretty important aspect of sports. And also competing against people better than you and upping your game.

Also, LOL at the whole “who will speak for the poor cisgendered women”. Maybe take a look at employment, health outcomes, housing statistics etc between cis and trans women and realize they really don’t need you to stand up for their rights.

The current situation is that sometimes people are just better athletes than the people they compete against. Should Michael Phelps have been banned from competition because his body was just better at swimming than his competitors?

Learning how to handle defeat is a pretty important aspect of sports. And also competing against people better than you and upping your game.

Also, LOL at the whole “who will speak for the poor cisgendered women”. Maybe take a look at employment, health outcomes, housing statistics etc between cis and trans women and realize they really don’t need you to stand up for their rights.

I give up, I should have known better. Why do we split athletic competition by male/female? Are there inherent physical differences? If so, do you think those differences go away after a year of hormones? If not, how is it fair to those born female to have to compete with trans females?

And I realize this is not a widespread problem as the numbers are small, but if one of the females on that team was your daughter or sister or whatever, you might feel differently. Or maybe you wouldn't, actually. But I sure would.

I give up, I should have known better. Why do we split athletic competition by male/female? Are there inherent physical differences? If so, do you think those differences go away after a year of hormones? If not, how is it fair to those born female to have to compete with trans females?

And I realize this is not a widespread problem as the numbers are small, but if one of the females on that team was your daughter or sister or whatever, you might feel differently. Or maybe you wouldn't, actually. But I sure would.

two great points, just not in a good forum to express them. We know several female swimmers who grew up going to the pool every day at 4:00 am to gradually shave a few seconds off their times, and eventually achieve success in D1 swimming.. the idea that someone can take drugs for a year to assist beating these accomplished athletes by 38 seconds or more, while almost lapping them twice, mocks their efforts and kills the sport.

Back