• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

Turns out there isn’t a lucrative grift by being trans and competing in woman’s sports but instead a very lucrative grift by telling rubes what they want to hear in regards to their dumb beliefs.
Especially if you’re a failed athlete and you can just blame it on trans athletes “invading” your sport

also, in another weird twist, he identifies as LGBT -- part of a militant-sounding group of bisexuals fighting erasure.

Maybe some weird cognitive dissonance happening here

Everything is a grift these days. Create (and pay people to lie about Biden) to for a fraudulent impeachment investigation that blows up in your face…release a book the next day, Grift!

He repeatedly emphasizes the smallness of the male gamete relative to the female.

Secret gamete envy, probably.

In general, men are much better at chess than women. Why? Read this article to understand.

The writer, Carole Hooven, considers many possible explanations, but she concludes that:

...Plausibly, one of the main reasons why there are more elite male chess players is that boys are simply more motivated to do what it takes to become an elite player....I don’t see evidence for the idea that socialization alone explains the stronger male tendency to focus obsessively on doing whatever is necessary to win, even at board games. And there are good reasons to think that this tendency has an evolutionary basis: In the animal kingdom, males tend to devote more time, energy, and risk to status competition, since this tends to pay more reproductive benefits for males than females. So it’s not unreasonable to suspect that boys and men have some kind of biological advantage—possibly underpinned by higher lifetime exposure to testosterone—that helps explain their over-representation in tournament-level competition in general.

For years now, sports experts and culture warriors alike have been fiercely contesting the issue of whether transwomen (males who live and identify as women) should be eligible to compete in the female categories of numerous sports—including rugby, swimming, weightlifting, and disc golf. But last August, this debate entered an unexpected domain: the game of chess.

Under a new policy announced by the Switzerland-based International Chess Federation (widely known as FIDE, following on its French name, the Fédération Internationale des Échecs), for now, at least, transwomen will not be permitted to compete in official events reserved for women.

Readers who aren’t serious chess players may be surprised to learn that the game—in which the most demanding physical movements consist of lifting small pieces of carved wood—even reserved a separate category for women in the first place. What could be the justification? And given that such a category exists, some might ask, why wouldn’t transwomen be allowed to identify into it? Some journalists and other commentators have been quick to suggest that the new policy is motivated by transphobia; but might there be sound reasons for the change? These are the questions I’ve set out to answer in this essay.

On a chess board, the queen is the most powerful piece. But in the human world, the fair sex accounts for only about two percent of the world’s chess Grandmasters. Even at lower competitive levels, males not only outnumber, but also outrank females by a large margin. The Queen’s Gambit (2020) made for great television, and inspired many girls to pick up the game. But contrary to what some Netflix viewers might have assumed, its world-conquering protagonist, chess prodigy Beth Harmon (actress Anya Taylor-Joy), is a fictional character: No woman has ever achieved the title of U.S. Chess Champion; let alone World Champion...

Every time I click over to the Tunnels, I pray that this thread (which has more than run its course IMO) has fallen off the first page... and time and time again I find that Capt has bumped it with some dumb pseudo-science or another Chapelle skit or some other random transphobic op-ed. The brainrot is real. Right wing transphobes and TERFs are fucking obsessed with trans people. Get help!

Ahh, Quillete. Makes total sense that this lightweight Captain is a Jordan Peterson dude. A real manly man. You never answered my question about your daughters, Cap. Do you have daughters?

Back