• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

I know this is a rather unpopular opinion on these Boards; on a thread that I started over 3 1/2 years ago and got laughed out of town and told no one cared and the topic was not even worth a conversation. I applaud the Olympics for coming up with this ruling. At that level, in particular, it is a fair and logical ruling.

Are we deciding it's fair and logical based on "intuition" and ugly stereotypes OR actual science, which is far from settled*?

* https://www.forbes.com/sites/lindse...advantage-new-research-shows/?sh=7bb0fd093729

Say what you want about allowing trans people to use the bathroom associated with their identity, but it's gotten me back to the gym. Not sure if I'm policing or just intrigued but I'm spending sooooo much time at the gym waiting for the flood of trans people walking around naked in the locker rooms.

Say what you want about allowing trans people to use the bathroom associated with their identity, but it's gotten me back to the gym. Not sure if I'm policing or just intrigued but I'm spending sooooo much time at the gym waiting for the flood of trans people walking around naked in the locker rooms.
liked and subscribed

best part is, you can "feel like a woman" whenever you want and go in their locker room too !

best part is, you can "feel like a woman" whenever you want and go in their locker room too !
Damn. Didn't realize the L in lgbt stood for locker room. Big ups for the knowledge drop.

Hadn't even thought of this. Would that make me bitrans? BiTrans? Transbi?

There’s a great website with a whole series of these videos. Crazy coincidence though, that this one website manages to capture a different trans person every week. $29.95 a month, but well worth it. Shows up as GH Express on your bank statement though, which I don’t understand.

In competitive sport, the only “science” (and correct me if this is not factual) that I understand is this.
You cannot change puberty. Puberty is irreversible. And male puberty has distinct physical advantages over female puberty.
That’s not necessarily true. It’s been covered some here. But basically:

1) testosterone levels affect athletic performance
2) The greatest infusion of testosterone into the body is during male puberty.
3) being on estrogen mitigates the effects of testosterone in the body.
4) While research disagrees on the time length, those that are on estrogen hormone replacement therapy will have all competitive advantage of increased testosterone production eradicated within 1-4 years of being HRT - much of the variance has to do with individual levels of T production, receptiveness to HRT, and many other personal factors.
5) Estrogen will decrease muscle mass and increase fat storage in the hips and chest.
6) the only permanent effect of T on the body is the lengthening of vocal chords (lowering the voice, although there can be some change while on E) and the establishment of hair follicles.

So with the above being true:

1) there is no reason for an outright ban on trans athletes. There is room for discussion about how to determine when there is not a significant competitive advantage when on HRT, etc.

2) there is absolutely no reason to refer to trans athletes as cheaters, “trans-women (Aka makes), men who call themselves women, or any of the other things trans-athletes have been referred to in this thread.

Last edited:
I came up with the perfect women's hoops pitch for RTQNIL.

Wake Foresters,

The liberal left WOKE mob is demanding our Wake Forest women’s basketball cheat by recruiting transsexual players instead of real women. As you read this email, there are MEN who couldn’t make their high school team in a caravan headed toward our southern border trying to infiltrate women’s college basketball. We need your donations to PROTECT WOMEN’S SPORTS! Stop WOKENESS from taking over Wake sports!

4) While research disagrees on the time length, those that are on estrogen hormone replacement therapy will have all competitive advantage of increased testosterone production eradicated within 1-4 years of being HRT - much of the variance has to do with individual levels of T production, receptiveness to HRT, and many other personal factors.
5) Estrogen will decrease muscle mass and increase fat storage in the hips and chest.
6) the only permanent effect of T on the body is the lengthening of vocal chords (lowering the voice, although there can be some change while on E) and the establishment of hair follicles.
If those points were true, and they are not, then why did the international governing bodies of swimming, cycling, track & field and rugby all carefully consider the available evidence on the issue and subsequently ban men from participating in women's sports?

FIFA, the governing body of the world's number 1 sport, soccer, is going to have to make a similar ruling sometime in the next couple years or sooner.

If those points were true, and they are not, then why did the international governing bodies of swimming, cycling, track & field and rugby all carefully consider the available evidence on the issue and subsequently ban men from participating in women's sports?
Which do you disagree with?

“Why did a majority restrict the rights of a minority?”

“Which of them are not true” is prob a better way to ask that because he’s going to disagree with the points whether they’re factual or not.

Back