• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad Summer league starts 7/8

Young man committed to the team and the university works hard to recover, gets hurt and all you can do is mock him?

It's cool. Buzz brought in a couple of bigs in this most recent recruiting class so the depth is there.

Young man committed to the team and the university works hard to recover, gets hurt and all you can do is mock him?

I know you're a troll, but no one is mocking Daniel Green. I think everyone (I know I do) feels sorry for the young man, hopes he recovers quickly, and maximizes his talent. What people are tired of and what people are mocking is the extreme over inflation of Green's abilities and values at this point in his career by the great Coach Bz and his chief excuse makers on TOB.

Only idiots who have wanted the program to fail are on Daniel. No one has thought he'd be more than a contributor.

They think they are funny. The truth is they are pathetic.

Have t heard any of the coaches say anything remotely like what bz is accused of saying. Very hurtful sarcasm toward Daniel please leave our deac athletes out of the bz debacle

I said it before, I think the Daniel Green thing is a strawman. I haven't really seen anybody (and can easily be proven wrong I guess with someone showing a few posts) hailing Daniel Green as Tim Duncan-esque.

Yeah the Green narratives are ridiculous.

Him missing significant time next season would be pretty awful. He just can't catch a break.

It is likely he just can't carry that added weight. Given his length and skillset, bulking up is/was the right thing to do to compete at this level.

I said it before, I think the Daniel Green thing is a strawman. I haven't really seen anybody (and can easily be proven wrong I guess with someone showing a few posts) hailing Daniel Green as Tim Duncan-esque.

I haven't taken part in the D. Green talk, but Wellman has certainly insinuated that Green will play a major role. When the AD is in the media talking about how we are on the right track and should be much improved next year..well you have to look at how the roster is changing. When he was making the rounds the situation was this: we were losing our best player, were set to gain a couple of "average" recruits, and were gaining Daniel Green. The math of that plus natural player improvement equaling major team improvement just doesn't work if Green isn't playing a major role.

Having a healthy Green at 6'10" defending the post and rebounding is important. Doesn't mean that he's All-ACC or close to it, just means that it's an improvement in that area over Cav or Dre or our smaller SFs.

Does anybody know if the injured guys will be playing tomorrow? I'm back in Winston for the night and was hoping to check out tomorrow's games.

Does anybody know if the injured guys will be playing tomorrow? I'm back in Winston for the night and was hoping to check out tomorrow's games.

I would not expect the see Travis, but that is all I'm confident about.

wow. cue dv7 about it not mattering, but i'm really hoping the encouraging reports about his quick release and nice stroke will mean he can meaningfully contribute.

8 3s from all over, one legged dirk shots, floaters, and a few nice finishes at the rim. 3s in the second half barely hit the net.

Back