• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Troops to central Africa

Hmm, I'm not fond of sending troops new places but I do think that is in an issue the US could help with and maybe should have long ago.

Terrible.

They should strip this guy's Nobel. What a fucking joke.

How many countries are we fighting in now? And if you think there will be no combat action for these "advisors", you're an idiot.

Who's really driving this? Monsanto? Uganda has some very good farmland.

Amazing the seeming lack of interest in this thread.

Appropriate combat equipment? Anyone know where the logistical and tactical support for a mission in the Central Africa originates?

This is insane. Maybe they have a poorly managed green energy company in need of a billion dollars, and someone has to provide a security corridor on the blank check.

I hope this changes soon.

Amazing the seeming lack of interest in this thread.
Why do both Pub and Dem Presidents desire for us to be the policemen of the world? At least we have the money for this......no......wait. This was the one area I thought Obama had the correct thought process on but alas. We simply can no longer afford (nor could we ever) to spend money "cleaning up" the injustices found in every corner of the world....Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Africa and the list goes on. We need a do over with the two political party system, so we can actually pursue an agenda which is beneficial to the average American.

Isn't this what we have PMC's for?

Executive_Outcomes_logo.png

why send in 100 troops? isn't this what we have drones for?

Would have to have a place to launch them from, and get airspace permission from any countries in between. And have logistical support for them.

That also assumes we're not at capacity on drone use. I don't know if we are or not.

Would have to have a place to launch them from, and get airspace permission from any countries in between. And have logistical support for them.

That also assumes we're not at capacity on drone use. I don't know if we are or not.
All of which is easier to orchestrate than the same support for 100 grounds troops.

They should be able to take this guy out in short order. Keep it a small military action and make it quick and I have no problems with this

They should be able to take this guy out in short order. Keep it a small military action and make it quick and I have no problems with this

Yeah, need to clear the table for the next guy.

This is beyond pointless.

What interest do we have here?

Back