• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Troy Calhoun has no *expletive* ethics

Summary from the Youtube comments on what caused this apparently:

"The Air Force QB had an injury and walked 20 yards toward the sideline. Rather than moving him off the field (he only missed one play as it wasn't very serious) they "treated" him on the field. While that was happening I think they kind of huddled up the offense and took their time in calling the next play while coaching the backup QB."

Wyoming has a keeper of a coach. Really should be proud of the coach as he's a class act and gentleman.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameo...mountain-west-air-force-troy-calhoun/1645151/

Christensen had been upset at a play in the fourth quarter when Air Force quarterback Connor Dietz went down with an injury, was looked at by trainers for several minutes and left the field for one snap. Apparently, Christensen believed Dietz was not truly injured and Air Force used the delay to set up the next play before going on to take the lead. He confronted Calhoun about it during the postgame handshake in a conversation Calhoun described to reporters as "not a conversation I'd have with my mom."

It IS bullshit to have a kid play up an injury so severe that he can walk 20 feet, but not 21, and then get treated on the field and have the team huddle for a "timeout" to get ready for the next play.

Not cool at all.......but poor form for Wyoming's coach to have a tirade like that.

Christmas Gift idea for Troy to send to the Wyoming Coach!
!Bho5GqwBGk~$(KGrHqMOKi8EsnVitVGdBLKDH4t-Jw~~_35.JPG

It IS bullshit to have a kid play up an injury so severe that he can walk 20 feet, but not 21, and then get treated on the field and have the team huddle for a "timeout" to get ready for the next play.

Not cool at all.......but poor form for Wyoming's coach to have a tirade like that.

Pretty much my thinking. I can't say 100% either way but Wyoming may have had a case. But whatever that was became overshadowed by that stunt. However, there isn't a person on this board who hasn't overreacted and run off at the mouth during or after a game. Still, a coach has to know better. I'd like to see some of that kind of fire on the WF sideline when we get fucked every once in a while.

Calhoun's real life troll face during the whole thing is what cracks me up the most. Well played.

200px-Trollface.svg.png

Christensen is the same coach that flipped off Wittingham at Utah across the field a couple of years back when he kicked an onsides kick in the 3rd quarter if I am not mistaken.

Pretty much my thinking. I can't say 100% either way but Wyoming may have had a case. But whatever that was became overshadowed by that stunt. However, there isn't a person on this board who hasn't overreacted and run off at the mouth during or after a game. Still, a coach has to know better. I'd like to see some of that kind of fire on the WF sideline when we get fucked every once in a while.

Agree with Slim and 94. Kind of bush league, but I like the balls.

I dunno about Calhoun's ethics, but it is pretty clear who the asshole is. . .

Wyoming suspends their coach for one game and fines him $50,000.

Back