• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Troy Calhoun Having A Rough Year

Pilchard

Reaction score
AF blew a 14 point 4th quarter lead and lost to San Diego State last night. AF is now 1-6 on the season. The win was against Colgate.

BTW, their offense is ranked #89 in the country, and they have not played a top 25 team this year or a top 50 defense.

Coaching is hard.

Last edited:
like anything, involves a lot of luck too

Last edited:
Coach Calhoun has gone to a bowl game for 6 straight years. He has done a remarkable job at this service academy. His name still comes up for college and NFL jobs every year. Coach Russ is there with him too. I think they are on their 3rd or 4th string QB.

I'll never forget being in the field house when Troy was at Wake and overhearing his wife, Amanda, saying how much she disliked living in W-S. She was holding their son, Tyler, who was throwing a fit and she was not a happy camper that day. Win, lose, or draw at AF, the Calhoun family will never be back in the dash.

Since they won't come back- maybe they can take Lobo out there and square things up.

I'll never forget being in the field house when Troy was at Wake and overhearing his wife, Amanda, saying how much she disliked living in W-S. She was holding their son, Tyler, who was throwing a fit and she was not a happy camper that day. Win, lose, or draw at AF, the Calhoun family will never be back in the dash.

If you have ever been to AFA, it is like heaven. I would say W-S is like purgatory.

yeah, no contest between the dash and colorado springs

Eh. Wasn't particularly impressed with Colorado Springs. Biggest thing going for it is proximity to mountains, but the "good ones" are still a pretty good drive away.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'd rather do Winston. I like Colorado, but the cities are either too big and generic, or stuffed full of tourists half the year. Better place to visit imo.

Of all the places Calhoun has spent time, I'd put Winston second behind only CO Springs. Wonder how Ms. Calhoun liked Athens, OH.

Eh. Wasn't particularly impressed with Colorado Springs. Biggest thing going for it is proximity to mountains, but the "good ones" are still a pretty good drive away.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'd rather do Winston. I like Colorado, but the cities are either too big and generic, or stuffed full of tourists half the year. Better place to visit imo.

we should never hang out

Of all the places Calhoun has spent time, I'd put Winston second behind only CO Springs. Wonder how Ms. Calhoun liked Athens, OH.

Colorado Springs > Winston > Denver?

Colorado Springs > Winston > Denver?

Denver isn't great at all. I have spent the last 3 months there for work. Makes Dallas look dense and compact because the whole city is spread out like a suburb, complete with every chain restaurant known to man. Terrible traffic too. And I don't know why they decided to put the airport no where remotely close to the city or, really, to anything.

The only redeeming quality is its proximity to the mountains, which is a pretty big one of course.

I've had fun when I've been there and friends there like it. Agree about the airport.

I've had fun when I've been there and friends there like it. Agree about the airport.

My sense, perhaps wrong, is that the reason people love it is because they can get to the mountains, whether to ski, hike, or camp. The city itself is quite ugly and, like I said, very spread out.

ETA: my perspective is likely biased because I travel for work.

I liked downtown but haven't been outside of there.

I might give you Denver but I'd still take Winston just because Denver is so damn far from anywhere that matters.

Back