• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump’s Own Team Knows His Caravan Claims Are Bullshit

They don’t stand up to him because Republican voters don’t want them to stand up to him.

They weren’t semi-sane before Trump. Out of office Trump will still tweet. He will still get media attention. He will still hold rallies. He will still endorse candidates. He will still fundraise. He may donate to candidates. If he losses in 2020, he could run again in 2024 and he would be a favorite in the primary.

I mean, I find most republican politicians (and politicians more generally) to be spineless sociopaths.

I’m just saying that anybody who votes for a Republican who was implicated in this mess will have blood on their hands.

Life goes back to normal after authoritarian regimes are toppled, but I hope that the Vichy cowards don’t have a chance for public redemption when this is done.

That’s a pipe-dream and I know that they’re only doing their bases’ biddings, but they’re cowardly traitors and deserve to wear that mark for the rest of their lives (and beyond).

Media won’t hold them accountable. It’s up to us.

But this won’t end with Trump. It didn’t start with him.

Media won’t hold them accountable. It’s up to us.

But this won’t end with Trump. It didn’t start with him.

I agree. You don’t have to convince me.

I’m in favor of bringing back the guillotine, man.

Right? This whole debacle has shown the GOP isn’t interested in governing on anything but retaining power by any means necessary, namely, fear mongering and retread ideas

They don’t stand up to him because Republican voters don’t want them to stand up to him.

They weren’t semi-sane before Trump. Out of office Trump will still tweet. He will still get media attention. He will still hold rallies. He will still endorse candidates. He will still fundraise. He may donate to candidates. If he losses in 2020, he could run again in 2024 and he would be a favorite in the primary.

Lol was with you up until here. The next time Trump puts any of his own money toward a cause other than himself will be the first.

That’s the reason why the others were “will” and that was a “may.”

Trump will be have the potential to be a kingmaker if he isn't running in an election. It will be morbidly funny to watch the Republican candidates fall all over each other for an endorsement from a man who doesn't read-Trump will eventually make some impulse decision based on something he heard on Hannity or Judge Jeanine, or maybe something a particularly good Mar-a-lago customer told him.

Trump will be have the potential to be a kingmaker if he isn't running in an election. It will be morbidly funny to watch the Republican candidates fall all over each other for an endorsement from a man who doesn't read-Trump will eventually make some impulse decision based on something he heard on Hannity or Judge Jeanine, or maybe something a particularly good Mar-a-lago customer told him.

He’ll probably just haggle for kickbacks. Sorry I mean “make tremendous deals like you wouldn’t believe”.

Right? This whole debacle has shown the GOP isn’t interested in governing on anything but retaining power by any means necessary, namely, fear mongering and retread ideas

Yep.

They proved this definitively when they shamelessly opposed (and crassly lied about) salutary (attempted) centrist governance from Obama and his administration. Way before Trump.

It’s hard for me to determine exactly how evil Nielsen is. She’s definitely at least moderate levels of evil by attempting to implement this racist agenda at the border. But a growing part of me is starting to think she is really enjoying this and is actually Trump-level evil.

Nielson lives right around the corner from us and we see her every now and then on walks. It's weird when we're out with our kids, and she doesn't have kids but smiles at ours and waves or whatever, and we think - you're literally ruining the lives of kids like these for no reason.

DC has one of the ultimate ways to encourage his kids to do their homework, chores, etc. He can threaten to give them to Sec. Neislen to be put into jail...

YES, it's a joke...but has sad basis in reality.

DC has one of the ultimate ways to encourage his kids to do their homework, chores, etc. He can threaten to give them to Sec. Neislen to be put into jail...

YES, it's a joke...but has sad basis in reality.

This is pretty funny.

Back