• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Indicted

There's no way he retires under a Democrat administration. I think Alito and Thomas would retire within a year or two if Trump wins and Republicans take over the Senate.
Will we even need a supreme court or a senate anymore if Trump wins in 2024?

There's no way he retires under a Democrat administration. I think Alito and Thomas would retire within a year or two if Trump wins and Republicans take over the Senate.
I think Thomas will never retire and will die on the bench.

No way he'll give up the wealth and access he has has available to him.

No way he'll give up the wealth and access he has has available to him.
He'd give that up if he didn't play ball and retire so Trump could replace him. The conservative legal crowd would turn on him.

Maybe. Thomas is a truly odious human. I really doubt he wants the spigot to dry up. These people believe they deserve everything they want.

I think Thomas will never retire and will die on the bench.
TITCR. He wants to be the longest-serving Justice in history, which will take about 4.5 more years. If a pub wins in 2028, then he'll retire (maybe).

TITCR. He wants to be the longest-serving Justice in history, which will take about 4.5 more years. If a pub wins in 2028, then he'll retire (maybe).

4.5 years would be at the end of a Trump term.

Kavanaugh has actually written an article in which he supports the idea of prosecuting an ex-president for alleged crimes that may have been committed while the individual was president. The specifics were about a president who was impeached by the House and ten convicted and removed from office by the Senate. Presumably that logic would carry over to one voted out of office.

Kavanaugh has actually written an article in which he supports the idea of prosecuting an ex-president for alleged crimes that may have been committed while the individual was president. The specifics were about a president who was impeached by the House and ten convicted and removed from office by the Senate. Presumably that logic would carry over to one voted out of office.
Ethics and consistency - the hallmarks of the Republican party.

Why would that ever be the case? I just don't see Democrats ever having the supermajority required to do that.
Democrats wouldn't need a supermajority to replace Thomas if he dies on the bench.

Back