• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Indicted

If Trump wants a “fair” trial he only needs to commit his crimes in red states

If Trump wants a “fair” trial he only needs to commit his crimes in red states
How could a born New Yorker, who spent 60 years of his life living in New York City, who made millions of dollars as a businessman in New York, every be judged by people from New York, and it be considered fair? I ask you this.

You don't have to be ignorant or hold no opinion of him at all to serve as a juror. You just have to properly apply the law based on the facts of the case. I get why some people can't do that, but it should be pretty easy to find at least 18 people (jurors and alternates) who can do this.

I hate the guy to the core, but if asked as a juror to look at the facts and apply the law, I would be able to do that. Now I would be truthful in the voir dire about the fact that I think he's a terrible human being who has quickly accelerated the downfall of discourse and democracy in America, so if that were to throw me out of being a juror then so be it.

A 9-month affair is a long enough time that Karen McDougal should have some evidence right? She wrote a memoir, so she probably has something somewhere to verify dates. Dozens of visits over a 9 month period and no-corroborating evidence?

You don't have to be ignorant or hold no opinion of him at all to serve as a juror. You just have to properly apply the law based on the facts of the case. I get why some people can't do that, but it should be pretty easy to find at least 18 people (jurors and alternates) who can do this.

I hate the guy to the core, but if asked as a juror to look at the facts and apply the law, I would be able to do that. Now I would be truthful in the voir dire about the fact that I think he's a terrible human being who has quickly accelerated the downfall of discourse and democracy in America, so if that were to throw me out of being a juror then so be it.
People might genuinely believe that but i doubt that they would be picked for the jury. Reverse it, and if someone said they loved trump to the core, would they put that aside and apply the facts and the law? I doubt it.

People might genuinely believe that but i doubt that they would be picked for the jury. Reverse it, and if someone said they loved trump to the core, would they put that aside and apply the facts and the law? I doubt it.
No because Trumpism is a cult that's not supported by people who know facts and use those facts to make rational decisions.

If Trump is truly judged by jury of HIS peers, the jury is going to be a colorful cast of New York characters.

Trump is going to get absolutely smacked tomorrow by the Judge re the gag order. After today's hearing, Trump went and posted on social media again this evening about the judge, the DA and "Biden thugs."

What's the penalty? A fine?.Jail time?

He is trying to be sent to jail for the persecution optics.

I don't think that the case. I think he believes he's untouchable and no one would dare send him to jail, and he is probably right.

Trump is safe as long as he’s rich, or perceived as such. We might see consequences for this man one day but we aren’t there yet. I’d probably give him better odds of winning another presidential term than ever spending a night in jail

Unfortunately, I feel the same about his odds to win more than one more 4-year term.

So there is questioning today about Cohen buying the silence of Trump's doorman in relation to Trump fathering a child. I had always thought this was more rumor. But it sounds as if there is no dispute there was such an agreement. So have we implicitly learned that Trump did in fact father a child?

Prosecutor highlights Michael Cohen's involvement in the effort to buy a Trump Tower doorman's silence​

Steinglass has returned to the National Enquirer's agreement with Dino Sajudin, the Trump Tower doorman who claimed to have a story about Trump fathering a child.
The prosecution is now picking at Trump attorney Emil Bove's efforts to have Pecker describe the arrangement as a standard source agreement.
Steinglass brings up an amendment to the agreement, which changed the length of the contract from 90 days to "in perpetuity." Pecker says that change was made after his conversation with then-Trump attorney Michael Cohen.
Steinglass asks if it is "standard operating procedure" for American Media Inc., the Enquirer's parent company, to consult a lawyer for a presidential candidate about a source agreement. Pecker says, "No."
Pecker also confirms that adding a clause that would require Sajudin to pay AMI $1 million if he breached the agreement was not standard operating procedure.
That, too, was made at Cohen's request, Pecker says.

Back