• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump or Wellman

CreamyGoodness

Thanks Creamy!
Reaction score
So, I can't help but notice that a lot of folks around here aren't real keen on PEOTUS Trump or Mr. Ron Wellman.

Would you rather have Trump get impeached day 1 but you have to deal with 20 more years of Ron Wellman as AD, Orrrr

Would you rather RW retire this evening but Trump stays in office for 8 years?

No need for poll, we can chat about this.

100% Trump out of here.
Good grief. The health of our nation is more important than WF sports.

I believe I'm still owed a Wake national championship from the last time we had one of these polls.

100% Trump out of here.
Good grief. The health of our nation is more important than WF sports.

Fair. What is Wake was guaranteed a basketball natty IF Trump stays in office all 8 years. Could you make that sacrifice?

Fair. What is Wake was guaranteed a basketball natty IF Trump stays in office all 8 years. Could you make that sacrifice?

Absolutely not.

I love sports and Wake sports specifically, but the health of our nation is much more important than winning a championship in collegiate athletics.

In a second.

America would still have the same shitty people that elected Trump which is more damaging to the country.

how about the opposite

i'd take a trump impeachment if it meant no wake natties for 8 years, it was gonna happen anyway

Do we know who the replacements are? Would be pretty important. I have zero confidence in either party here (the American people or Hatch) to bring in a decent replacement.

I'd sign up for the realistic middle and say just 4 more years for both

There is no question that Wellman has had a larger negative impact on my life in general than Trump. I am a upper class white male, Trump can't possibly mess things up for me that badly.

I'm going to be selfish, give me Trump and the Natty.

better question: would you rather have Trump as your AD or Wellman as president

better question: would you rather have Trump as your AD or Wellman as president

There is a solid case that switching jobs would be better for everybody involved.

I think Wellman would make a much better President than Trump, and Trump would bring in ungodly amounts of money with shitty business deals that inevitably implode in like 15-20 years. Hopefully we will have won a title or 10 by then.

Can we impeach the whole lot of them? Pence isn't much better than that racist creamsicle.

There is a solid case that switching jobs would be better for everybody involved.

I think Wellman would make a much better President than Trump, and Trump would bring in ungodly amounts of money with shitty business deals that inevitably implode in like 15-20 years. Hopefully we will have won a title or 10 by then.

We'd end up with goalposts and basketball rims made of gold and pissed off contractors, but still better than him being POTUS.

The US has been historically competitive with all other nations.

Wellman hands down. He's made a lot of mistakes but both football and basketball appear to be digging themselves out of the hole that he put them in. Men's soccer team came very close to winning a national championship. Our men's tennis team is very good this. It would be great if some of our other non-revenue sports could make some noise but I'm cautiously optimistic about the next few years.

As a white, heterosexual male in the upper middle class, Trump probably won't have an affect on my life unless he drags us in to a war where we all start dropping nukes on each other. But I'm terrified for my kids and the world he's going to create for them. I'm afraid for my hispanic friends that have family here illegally. I'm afraid for my Muslim friends that already feel vilified. I'm afraid for my brother-in-law and his husband and what rights they may or may not have in the future. I'm afraid for my grandparents living on social security and what might happen if that's drastically cut.

So, yeah. I'd stick with Wellman. Wake could lose every football and basketball game for the next 20 years and I'd be okay with that trade.

Back