• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

I dig the way she shows off her boobs to distract from her face. Very effective tactic.

Impressed you know the names of any of them other than Ivanka.

I think I googled her after the Daily Show clip, because I didn't realize he had another daughter. The youngins are pretty protected from the spotlight, it would seem.

Look at those hayseeds my goodness.

populist-ap-resized_99263-gop-2016-trump_jenk_82-21084_t728-640x480.jpg

Lolz. Two awful people at the same damn time.

TAB, listen carefully. Do you hear that? It is the sound of you evoking the wrath of a certain poster on these boards. You're not alone. I did the same thing when I told the aforementioned poster that loving Bob Knight and hating Ted Nugent is like wanting to bang Scarlett Johansson but not Jennifer Lawrence. :)

https://pjmedia.com/diaryofamadvoter/2016/04/25/the-republican-convention-will-not-be-contested/

"I agree with Tucker Carlson, who said on The Kelly File Monday night that Trump was the only candidate with a chance of defeating Hillary Clinton in the general election. It is only Trump, of all the Republicans, if indeed he is a Republican, who is enough of a wild card to overcome the new American demographics that so favor Democratic candidates in presidential elections. They were bad enough when Obama ran against Romney. They are worse now.

It is time to lay down our internal arms and concentrate on our external enemy. Multiple reasons exist for this, but the most important and obvious is that the larger battle is too crucial. Our country is at a turning point -- there's no time to waste. If it's any help, close you eyes and imagine Hillary making her inaugural speech. It works wonders."

Trump, unsurprisingly, has an appeal to Reagan Democrats. I'll give you three guesses to pin down what that's all about.

Tapping into anger from class warfare by appealing to xenophobic, sexist, and racist tendencies. Happened in the 80's with the "war on drugs" and continues to today with "all lives matter" and "build a wall."

Tapping into anger from class warfare by appealing to xenophobic, sexist, and racist tendencies. Happened in the 80's with the "war on drugs" and continues to today with "all lives matter" and "build a wall."

Are we sure that "Your life might be better if you don't use illegal drugs" and "Please don't shoot anybody" is "xenophobic, sexist and racist" in nature?

When the impact is to disproportionately sentence (crack v. cocaine) and the "war on drugs" ended up imprisoning millions of African Americans for non-violent drug offenses despite similar rates of use between white people and people of color, I would say that the "war on drugs" taps into class warfare by appealing to xenophobic, sexist, and racist tendencies and that this was the actual goal.

Hell Reagan got his presidential campaign rolling in Mississippi where the three civil rights workers were murdered in 1964, by stating he believed in states' rights and promised to give power back to the states and local governments that properly belonged to them. And I don't think there's really much of a question that "welfare queen" (a term frequently used by Reagan in the 80's) is racially tinged is there?

When the impact is to disproportionately sentence (crack v. cocaine) and the "war on drugs" ended up imprisoning millions of African Americans for non-violent drug offenses despite similar rates of use between white people and people of color, I would say that the "war on drugs" taps into class warfare by appealing to xenophobic, sexist, and racist tendencies and that this was the actual goal.

Hell Reagan got his presidential campaign rolling in Mississippi where the three civil rights workers were murdered in 1964, by stating he believed in states' rights and promised to give power back to the states and local governments that properly belonged to them. And I don't think there's really much of a question that "welfare queen" (a term frequently used by Reagan in the 80's) is racially tinged is there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9snRQ9VAnyo

No mention of Bill Clinton's tough on crime legislation and what it did to the black community or his welfare reform?

At the time, I was writing a book about the politics of drug prohibition. I started to ask Ehrlichman a series of earnest, wonky questions that he impatiently waved away. “You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

http://harpers.org/archive/2016/04/legalize-it-all/

Last edited:
https://pjmedia.com/diaryofamadvoter/2016/04/25/the-republican-convention-will-not-be-contested/

"I agree with Tucker Carlson, who said on The Kelly File Monday night that Trump was the only candidate with a chance of defeating Hillary Clinton in the general election. It is only Trump, of all the Republicans, if indeed he is a Republican, who is enough of a wild card to overcome the new American demographics that so favor Democratic candidates in presidential elections. They were bad enough when Obama ran against Romney. They are worse now.

It is time to lay down our internal arms and concentrate on our external enemy. Multiple reasons exist for this, but the most important and obvious is that the larger battle is too crucial. Our country is at a turning point -- there's no time to waste. If it's any help, close you eyes and imagine Hillary making her inaugural speech. It works wonders."

What a moron (poster and Tucker). Just like with climate change, the GOP hates science, math & numbers. They make things too confusing.

http://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-2008/

http://ropercenter.cornell.edu/polls/us-elections/how-groups-voted/how-groups-voted-2012/

Obama won 67% and 71% of the hispanic vote in 08 and 12.
Obama won 56% and 53% of the female vote in 08 and 12.

The female vote was over 50% of the voting electorate in both instances. The hispanic vote is around 10% of the voting electorate.

Those numbers would be MUCH worse for Trump, considering he would be running against a woman who isnt threatening to round up millions of hispanics. He is burnt toast if he makes it to the general.

Last edited:

Okay, great.

All that said, how are we on "Your life would be better if you did not abuse illegal drugs" and "please don't shoot anybody"?

Whether or not you adore the messenger, it's still a fair to middling message, right? Better or worse than "It's always someone else's fault, but don't worry, the government will always provide"?

Last edited:
Back