• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's kowtowing to hate leads to synagogue shootings and more

this is why i don't post in the tunnels often

y'all are just trying to dunk on each other all the fucking time

the post preview fucking terrified me that pittsburgh had another shooting incident while i was away and this is how you respond. fuck you.

“dunk on” and all of its various iterations is lame

Active shooter at Pittsburgh area synagogue

this is why i don't post in the tunnels often

y'all are just trying to dunk on each other all the fucking time

the post preview fucking terrified me that pittsburgh had another shooting incident while i was away and this is how you respond. fuck you.

hey, if we’re gonna get personal, id argue that your response is a weird one to news of another massacre of my people in their place of worship pretty close to where both RJ and I live

but hey, make everything about you my dude

According to a CNN report, someone alerted the FBI about this guy several weeks ago and they did nothing.

In spite of a growing white supremacist problem, Trump cancelled funding of the Homeland Security group that was in charge of policing homegrown terrorism.

Man Kory actually was legit being serious and asking people a genuine request and you all are being pompous assclowms about it. Grow up, sometimes there’s more important shit.

And by you all, I mean Strick

Man Kory actually was legit being serious and asking people a genuine request and you all are being pompous assclowms about it. Grow up, sometimes there’s more important shit.

And by you all, I mean Strick

As a practicing Jew in Southern California, please pardon me if I interpreted Kory as missing the point a bit with his request and subsequent posts. There is more important shit. It's called being able to pray and not worry about getting massacred by a white supremacist. I realize that the modal OGB poster is a WASP, but I'm not really in the mood to be lectured by you about what is and isn't important. Thanks.

As a moderator, this is where I just kind of let things play out.

As a practicing Jew in Southern California, please pardon me if I interpreted Kory as missing the point a bit with his request and subsequent posts. There is more important shit. It's called being able to pray and not worry about getting massacred by a white supremacist. I realize that the modal OGB poster is a WASP, but I'm not really in the mood to be lectured by you about what is and isn't important. Thanks.

As a practicing Jew, what are your thoughts on that NYT International cartoon?

RJ, thanks for changing the thread title.

Strick, I live in Squirrel Hill. My girlfriend is Reform. Tree of Life is a ten-minute walk from my apartment.

We're in Boston right now and she cried at the lunch table when she checked her phone on Saturday. Came out of nowhere. As she choked back tears she told me how she's now terrified for her (and all) Jewish communities at all times. That she doesn't feel safe when she worships - that there's always something in the back of her mind that scares her. The feeling she had of being at peace when she prayed alongside everyone is gone and she's terrified that it will never come back. I wanted to say something that would help but what the fuck could I say? I held her as she tried to privately cry in a very public space.

A few hours after that I checked the boards and the preview scared the hell out of me. I'm calibrated to it now I guess. When 11 people from your neighborhood are murdered I don't think that's the most surprising outcome - that you'd have a pretty visceral emotional reaction to it. I genuinely felt that there has been a copycat in Pittsburgh. Likely in my neighborhood again. I pictured another massacre literally down the street from my apartment because I already know what that feeling is. I had a simple (self-serving? yes. reasonable? i think so) request and you turned it into an argument.

I've planned to marry into the Jewish faith because she's shown me the great deal of respect they have for the communities they build - the intimacy between people they treasure. I'm starting to learn how little of that intimacy this place truly has. I'm sorry that you're suffering as my girlfriend is. I'm also sorry if somehow I've caused you any pain with my two negreps, but I was still hurt and you kept pushing. I'm out. Good luck, dude.

What a weird, nonsensical, and generally shitty hill for Strickland to die on. Completely understandable reaction by Kory here.

Hey Strick, no, I will not fuck off.

Yea, this is why I don’t take y’all’s concern trolling on anti-semitism seriously. ADT, you can still fuck off.

Kory, happy to hear about your relationship with Judaism. May it continue. Still, we don’t know who each other actually are on here. Perhaps instead of rushing to “dunk on” each other (seriously what a weird way to think about processing trauma), you might consider how Jews feel about this, particularly in light of this place’s recent brush with actual anti-semifinal (thanks, Moonz and Lectro).

I now know about your situation and you know about mine. Perhaps instead of neg-repping me, you might ask why I responded the way that I did. I’ve been Jewish my whole life and have experienced a lot of anti-semitism and physical violence as a result of being Jewish.

At the end of the day, this is a pretty dumb argument. Maybe tone policing board Jews isn’t a great strategy in the wake of anti-Semitic terrorism.

The cartoon is a little backwards. Trump should be a Dachshund, slipping and sliding as Bibi tells him to fetch.

Back