• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tubby Smith out at Minneota, per Twitter

Rumor up here is that Flip Saunders is a leading candidate for the job. Obviously people are talking about Shaka also, but for the last few months Flip has been floated around.

Wow. They fire Smith after giving him a 3 year extension last Summer and after he wins a Tourney game. And it's Norwood Teague doing this. He must know that Shaka is willing to go to Minnesota. Wow. In terms of B-10 jobs, Minnesota is about like Iowa - better than Nebraska but not Ohio St, Indiana, Illinois, Sconsin and the Michigans. Wow. If they do get Shaka, the B-10 will have most of the great coaches in the game.

The facilities they have are a joke... The barn is ok but the practice facilities are terrible. Tubby has done a good job getting talent in but there has been all kinds of "culture" issues with a lot of the recruits over the last 3 years. Even Tubby's son (an assistant on the team) got a DUI over this past summer. Which has not helped Tubby.

I'm probably in the minority, but I think Minnesota is a pretty good job. In the best conference in America, only D1 program in the state, plus a lot of in-state talent. I could see the appeal to that job.

Why is it a good job? Since their getting busted about fifteen years ago they have made The Dance four times and haven't won a single game.

Getting rid of the years that were thrown out, during the fifteen years before that, they have three NCAA appearances.

Either it's a really shitty job or they have had a continuum of inept coaches.

Why is it a good job? Since their getting busted about fifteen years ago they have made The Dance four times and haven't won a single game.

Getting rid of the years that were thrown out, during the fifteen years before that, they have three NCAA appearances.

Either it's a really shitty job or they have had a continuum of inept coaches.

Didn't they just beat UCLA?

My bad.....I was looking at their record before this season. They did win one NCAA tourney game in the past fifteen years (that still counts) and it got the opposing coach fired.

Wake is a much better job in the ACC than MN is in B10.

What happened to Shaka wanting to coach at a small school. State universities in Minnesota and California don't seem to fit that bill

Wake has a coach (using the loosest possible interpretation of said word).

stock-photo-6031156-aaaargh.jpg

What happened to Shaka wanting to coach at a small school. State universities in Minnesota and California don't seem to fit that bill

I've explained the UCLA situation many times over several months.

MN is only on the radar because his good friend is the AD.

VCU has almost 24K undergrad.

for xth time and hopefully the last, when you are in your early 30s and offered a mid-major D1 HC job, you take it. You'd be crazy not to take it. This is not a difficult concept.

for xth time and hopefully the last, when you are in your early 30s and offered a mid-major D1 HC job, you take it. You'd be crazy not to take it. This is not a difficult concept.

You can keep yelling things all you want, that doesn't make them true - this is not a difficult concept.

If Shaka wants to be at a small school, why's he at VCU with 24 thousand students? Hypocrite!

You can keep yelling things all you want, that doesn't make them true - this is not a difficult concept.

What's not a difficult concept is that you aren't being realistic. If you think a young assistant coach would turn down a HC that gets his foot in the door and pays him 500% more than he was making then you don't understand the real world.

shaka is going to ucla. minnesota is hiring flip saunders. book it.

Back