• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tulsa to bid for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games. Seriously.

Yeah. Because the TPC at Sawgrass is a pretty terrible course.

But Jax would be obscenely hot in July/August, as great as Sawgrass is. Golf would be bad enough, but imagine the poor marathoners and other long distance runners.

Aside from the ridiculousness of Tulsa as an Olympic site, it averages 93 degrees for a high there in July and August. That is too damn hot.

I'm sure the USOC has a healthy consulting business for all these potential bid sites. It always amazes me how something that showcases the best of mankind is so closely associated with some of its worst parts as well.

Atlanta '96 was hot as hell.

i heard rumblings during the London games of Buffalo and Toronto making a joint bid for the 2024 games. i think a dual-nation host would be pretty cool but i guess that idea has died.

i heard rumblings during the London games of Buffalo and Toronto making a joint bid for the 2024 games. i think a dual-nation host would be pretty cool but i guess that idea has died.

Toronto is great.

Buffalo is not far from it, so that's nice for buffalo.

El Paso - Juarez, baby!!!

But Qatar is disgustingly rich though, yeah?

Police seized a 'glow-in-the-dark' supercar from a London street after its wealthy Qatari owner was stopped for not having a licence or the correct insurance.
The £350,000 Lamborghini Aventador - with a paint job that made it look like something out of the sci-fi film Tron - was impounded near Harrod's in Knightsbridge yesterday.
It is understood its owner is 24-year-old Nasser Al-Thani, a member of Qatar's ruling family.

Jacksonville is Vegas compared to Rochester.

Vegas would host the greatest summer Olympics of all time.

Every hot whore worth a fuck from around the world shows up
For the big fights. Can you imagine the scene at the Olympics?

I realize this can't happen, but...

I hear the platform diving events in Tulsa would feature leaps off oil derricks.

Ummm, after Atlanta it's unlikely the Olympics won't be held in the American South for another 100 years.

I thought Atlanta got a bad rap. We had no problem getting around the city.

Never been to Tulsa, but I have been to the oil fields outside of Bakersfield, CA. The rotten egg smell is just horrible.

I thought Atlanta got a bad rap. We had no problem getting around the city.

Never been to Tulsa, but I have been to the oil fields outside of Bakersfield, CA. The rotten egg smell is just horrible.

Yeah, the Olympics were doable there, but if you came from the other side of the world to see Atlanta and ride around on a bus all day it had to be a big yawn. And Centennial Park was a sweaty mosh pit.

Back