• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TV for presby??

If you're in ACC country hasn't ESPN3 started blacking out most ACC games? It seems like last year there were a lot of non-conference ACC games that were blacked out.

gran-torino-clint-eastwood.jpg

"My kids won't show me how to get the Wake game on their game thingy!"

anyone know if time warner cable will pick up the espn 3 feed and place on one of their special event channels?

So if it's not on real TV somewhere, then why is it on Thursday? Isn't TV the only reason for moving games to weird days?

I thought Wellman had a contract for Wake sports with ScyFy.

anyone know if time warner cable will pick up the espn 3 feed and place on one of their special event channels?

There has never seemed to be any rhyme or reason to when that occurs. I wouldn't count on it.

So if it's not on real TV somewhere, then why is it on Thursday? Isn't TV the only reason for moving games to weird days?

So we have extra time to prepare for the next week's game. We got slightly unlucky (or lucky or whatever you want to call it) in that the BC game is on a Friday. That's good for exposure, but gives us one less day to prepare.

Actually didn't the new contract call for an expansion of the digital viewing. (that is that things on the web will be scheduled like TV to make sure there is always live content online as much as possible?)

Wasn't this the entire purpose of channels 519 and 520?

You'll see a better game watching the local high school play. What a waste of a home game! The Deacs get better competetion in practice than this. Can we please stop playing high school level teams like Presby and Elon?

You'll see a better game watching the local high school play. What a waste of a home game! The Deacs get better competetion in practice than this. Can we please stop playing high school level teams like Presby and Elon?

Elon and Presby are saying the same thing.

No sorry. Touchdown used to be called Momo's. The last time I was there I met Ph and watched Clemson annihilate us. It was actually really fun and therapeutic.

Watching that alone in a hotel room would have gotten ugly. I agree it was about as fun as watching us barely try to be competitive could be. Met deacphan and wfudkn that night too.

Phan got caught stealing chicken wings from whatever accounting firm had HH for a bunch of area employees. Tim, I think you were there and I no longer have your number for future Wake gatherings.

Back