• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TWA 800

ONW

Reaction score
Matt Alexander, who died in this incident was my cadre mentor at WFU.

I really hope this documentary isn't true.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/us/twa-crash-claim/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The documentarians said they have a "trifecta of elements" that will "prove that the officially proposed fuel-air explosion did not cause the crash." That trifecta includes forensic evidence, first-hand sources and corroborating eyewitnesses, and the whistleblowing investigators.

The evidence proves that "one or more ordnance explosions outside the aircraft caused the crash," the producers said. But it does not identify or speculate on the source of the ordnance explosions.

All 230 people aboard TWA 800 died when the plane, headed for Paris, exploded and crashed into the Atlantic Ocean shortly after takeoff from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York. Scores of witnesses observed a streak of light and a fireball, giving early rise to suspicions that the terrorists had struck the plane with a rocket.

I posted this on the Pit thread, but my friend and I were out surfing in NJ the day after it happened, and the po-po asked us to look for wreckage while out there. One of those things that sticks in your brain forever.

If the mods can move this thread to the pit, I'd appreciate it. My mistake where I posted it.

My mom is from a small town, Montoursville, PA. The French Club from the high school was on that flight, including several people my mother taught with when she was on the staff there. I remember being in that town during the aftermath of the accident. In a town like that everyone had a connection to it; it was really wrenching experience.

Last edited:
If it was terrorists that did it wouldn't they have issued a statement taking credit? Has there been speculation it might've been accidentally shot down by a military test? I haven't really read about the TWA 800 conspiracies. I do remember hearing about people saying they saw a missile at the time.

If it was terrorists that did it wouldn't they have issued a statement taking credit? Has there been speculation it might've been accidentally shot down by a military test? I haven't really read about the TWA 800 conspiracies. I do remember hearing about people saying they saw a missile at the time.

Yes. The USS Normandy.

Back