• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Twin Peaks is BACK

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
https://deadline.com/2014/10/twin-peaks-series-showtime-david-lynch-mark-frost-845804/

Twin Peaks fans’ quarter-century wait is over. One of the top cult series of all time is coming back with a new limited series on Showtime from its original creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost. The nine-episode series will go into production in 2015 for a premiere in 2016 to mark the 25th anniversary of when the series finished its run on ABC. In a fact that will delight Twin Peaks devotees, Lynch and Frost will write and produce all nine episodes, with Lynch set to direct every episode.

The new Twin Peaks will be set in the present day, more than two decades after the events in the first two seasons. It will continue the lore and story of the original series, with Lynch and Frost committed to providing long-awaited answers and, hopefully, a satisfying conclusion to the series. It is unclear which actors from the original series will be featured in the followup. Rumor is that star Kyle MacLachlan would be back, likely reprising his role as FBI Agent Dale Cooper who was at the center of the show. The ABC series also featured some of Lynch’s favorite character actors, and it is likely that at least some of them will return. Leading to the 2016 debut of the Twin Peaks limited series, Showtime will re-air the first two seasons of the series, owned by parent CBS Corp.

I guess I have a deadline to finally finish streaming this on Netflix then.

Great news! Believe I will have a big piece of pie.

every. single. time. i see this thread title i initially think you're talking about the dining establishment and have to then remind myself/remember you're talking about the show.

The town is more populous than I would have guessed.

Looking forward to this. Loved the original...

I just did finish re-watching the original series. Forgot how good it actually is.

Hope to catch the new series. Really curious now given how the original series ended.

Saw the first two episodes of the reboot. Looks like in addition to watching the series, it is useful to watch the movie, although the movie isn't nearly as good.

Saw the first two episodes of the reboot. Looks like in addition to watching the series, it is useful to watch the movie, although the movie isn't nearly as good.

Movie is good, ignore the mass think on it

Just finished the original series and Fire Walk With Me.....jesus the movie is terrible. Horrendous over-acting and not at all like the series. Went from a campy sci fi/mystery/cop show to a movie solely about pain and anguish portrayed by screaming and shaking violently and randomly.

Is the new series good? I need to decide whether to pay up to see it.

I've tried watching the first ep (it seems like it's a double ep, just under two hours) a few times now and still haven't gotten through it

I have gotten through the first 5 episodes and it is slow going. There are 3-4 plot lines and only one where I have a faint idea of what's going on.

Weirdest hour of my life. How long did that go without any dialogue at all? 30 minutes?

I assume all that means Cooper/BOB will head back to Twin Peaks and the doppelgänger back to the black lodge? That's the only conclusion I have for all that nonsense. That shit at the end must correlate with the stuff in episode 1 with the guy watching the glass case then being mutilated.

Back